This is a place for non-art related conversations.

Moderators: SeaQuenchal, Ambiguity, virtueone

Postby blankheART » Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:20 pm

blankheART

Subject title: How is learning art changing your life

Xiphor wrote:
xjapaneseyenx wrote:how about when you observe people or just things in the world then get so inspired to draw...only to find out you didnt bring a sketchbook or pen

Yeah ikr! Then u get home and just forget what got you inspired, or your inspiration wears off.
Its just kinda like
Damn it

thanks god i have a gift :D
my mind keeps some of the inspirations i come across in my mind as picture , like some scenes from my dreams or the one i really want to draw when i learn coloring is the view of sun light passing through a tree in form of bright light rays , i really want to draw that . so no one draw it before me you hear !!!

Postby xjapaneseyenx » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:06 pm

xjapaneseyenx

Xiphor wrote:
xjapaneseyenx wrote:how about when you observe people or just things in the world then get so inspired to draw...only to find out you didnt bring a sketchbook or pen

Yeah ikr! Then u get home and just forget what got you inspired, or your inspiration wears off.
Its just kinda like
imgres.jpg
Damn it

omg yes lol... i hate when that happens
Acheronta Movebo

Postby xjapaneseyenx » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:07 pm

xjapaneseyenx

blankheART wrote:
Xiphor wrote:

Its just kinda like
Damn it

my mind keeps some of the inspirations i come across in my mind as picture , like some scenes from my dreams or the one i really want to draw when i learn coloring is the view of sun light passing through a tree in form of bright light rays , i really want to draw that . so no one draw it before me you hear !!!

too late i already drew it :D :D :D
Acheronta Movebo

Postby blankheART » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:40 pm

blankheART

xjapaneseyenx wrote:
blankheART wrote:
Xiphor wrote:

Its just kinda like
Damn it

impossible!! you still don't have the skill to do it :P it takes 10 years of training

Postby xjapaneseyenx » Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:45 pm

xjapaneseyenx

blankheART wrote:
xjapaneseyenx wrote:
blankheART wrote:
Xiphor wrote:

Its just kinda like
Damn it

impossible!! you still don't have the skill to do it :P it takes 10 years of training

lmfao im playing with you
Acheronta Movebo

Postby Valkhira » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:04 am

Valkhira

Before I started drawing I had nothing and was at my lowest point. Now I have a path and something worth living and fighting for. Also: discipline. I had none before it, I was the typical idiot that did nothing but always got the highest grades. Now that I am on my own, I've learned to work in absence of anyone else doing the teaching for me.
So glad for the madness.
Follow the white rabbit: Alice's Sketchbook

Postby blankheART » Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:35 am

blankheART

Valkhira wrote:Now that I am on my own, I've learned to work in absence of anyone else doing the teaching for me.

yeah me too , but i always wanted to go alone , i like doing things solo :P , also do you still get high grades ? cuz i can't get it now XD

Postby DarkLored123 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:40 pm

DarkLored123

It didn't really affect my life, but it provided an example of how disciplined you need to be to achieve a skill.

Postby Shishi02 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:26 am

Shishi02

It makes me get to know myself and learn proper ways of drawing as if it's part of a discipline in life.

Postby BulletHell » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:40 pm

BulletHell

It gave me crippling depression when I was weak-minded and jealous, but then gave me confidence in my own abilities and overall a lot of joy once I stopped obsessing over art better than mine.
A guy who has some problems with his head.
My NSFW sketchbook - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17420
My music https://soundcloud.com/gregzhel
My FurAffinity for stuff I don't post here http://www.furaffinity.net/user/gregzhel/

Postby Fantelle » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:36 pm

Fantelle

I've gotten really good at spotting things that are asymmetrical. My own face was ruined first lol, but also the architecture of my school and things like that. And I totally relate to the people watching thing! I take the bus a lot and studying people's facial features and expressions is lots of fun, but really hard to do unnoticed.

Postby BulletHell » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:21 pm

BulletHell

Fantelle wrote:
    I take the bus a lot and studying people's facial features and expressions is lots of fun, but really hard to do unnoticed.

The fact that I look like I am some kind of terrorist with my face covered with skarf and big ass hat is making me think that at some point someone will call the police on me for looking at them for too long. It's like a stealth game at this point.
A guy who has some problems with his head.
My NSFW sketchbook - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17420
My music https://soundcloud.com/gregzhel
My FurAffinity for stuff I don't post here http://www.furaffinity.net/user/gregzhel/

Postby azarga » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:51 pm

azarga

Made me more jumpy and constantly looking back to see if my wife or kids didn't sneak up on me to peek over/under my shoulder.
Encouraged me to sleep 2 hours less (so down to 5), because I can only draw during the night for the above reason.
Convinced me to delete most of my social apps because I was jelly of real artist's work in the feed.
Opened to me new ways of humiliating myself and helped me to discover the new depths of self-esteem.
Made it necessary to purchase a box with an actual lock on it to store my sketchbooks out of ppl's sight.
Added quite a bit of grey hair (and I'm not even 30 yet).
Taught me to NEVER admit that I actually do draw outside of select few people who know anyway.
Helped me finally realize that the correct (safe) answer to "do u have any hobbies?" is "chess".
Please check my stuff here:
My dA, it is pretty bad.
My daily stream. Usually starts around 8pm CET.

Postby BBstudies » Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:16 am

BBstudies

It basically cured my 10 years of Obsessive Disorder and nightmares. Quitting art was the worst thing I could have done to myself at that time, I wish I knew it in time. I don't care how much I still have to learn or catch up, it's just satisfying to do something you truly believe. My days don't feel the same when I don't draw, if I stay 3 days without drawing I go back to freakout mode. At this point, drawing -and music- are my "sanity pill" and I hope to acquire the skill to be able to merge the two one day.

Postby Josephcow » Wed May 31, 2017 6:06 pm

Josephcow

It has allowed me to appreciate a wider variety of things as beautiful. Starting with myself. We are surrounded with images of what is pretty and what is not, making it hard to escape those standards. But once you have drawn a variety of people and studied their face and bodies for hours, you appreciate un-beautiful things differently. I don't mean I am suddenly attracted to every person, just that it matters less because I am focusing on just light and form for example.

I was talking to an old man with very large bags under his eyes the other day. And while I would have found this repulsive years ago, that day I thought 'that would be interesting in a portrait'. I think that indicates a complete cognitive change that is a result of observational drawing. Maybe it's because every time you do an observational drawing or painting you to some extent have to find a way to appreciate things for how they are, instead of always wishing things were better.

Postby Ab Captain » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:43 am

Ab Captain

I'd say two of the biggest things for me are being more visually observant and finding less time to do things (BECAUSE FREE TIME IS ART TIME).
Tear my art to shreds (Tell me why it sucks though).
http://www.sycra.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=90773

Postby Ab Captain » Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:39 am

Ab Captain

I also take notice of shape language in designs, architecture or anything really.
Tear my art to shreds (Tell me why it sucks though).
http://www.sycra.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=90773

Postby lo-fi » Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:05 am

lo-fi

For me, I analyze nearly everything. That's just my nature. Examples would be when i see buildings, I imagine there construction, Form and break-down buildings. The same with trees and other object. Also I observe people's mannerism, forms of their face and body. I also look for composition. Basically, lots of analyzing and observation. Also art is my passion, makes me happy and I can do it for hours. Really art has shaped me and embrace life more.
“Every artist has thousands of bad drawings in them and the only way to get rid of them is to draw them out." - Chuck Jones

Postby Weaver » Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:07 pm

Weaver

It's making me realize what a long road I have ahead of me. And it also inspires me to try for something a little bigger than myself.

Previous

Return to Lounge