Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, Ambiguity, virtueone

Postby sammybaffoe72 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:05 am

sammybaffoe72

Subject title: Help with legs

Hi, I've been working on this practice piece but I'm having issues with the legs. Any advice on how to fix them as well as a general critique of the work are welcome. Thanks
20171017_233138.jpg

Postby nachobuddy » Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:58 pm

nachobuddy

I think the left thigh is too long and the left shin too short, it looks slightly unbalanced. As the thigh to the right is foreshortened, I would make it rounder and place the kneecap higher to extend the right shin, but as she already has a great deal of muscle mass, looking up anatomy references from different angles will serve you well! The same goes for the upper arm to the right, I just did this same mistake and it's definitely a doozy :lol: Nothing like good ol' anatomy studyin'! The hands look very good to me!

Postby sammybaffoe72 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 10:56 pm

sammybaffoe72

Thanks. Will look into that ASAP

Postby mowingchunder » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:29 am

mowingchunder

nachobuddy wrote:I think the left thigh is too long and the left shin too short, it looks slightly unbalanced. As the thigh to the right is foreshortened, I would make it rounder and place the kneecap higher to extend the right shin, but as she already has a great deal of muscle mass, looking up anatomy references from different angles will serve you well! The same goes for the upper arm to the right, I just did this same mistake and it's definitely a doozy :lol: Nothing like good ol' anatomy studyin'! The hands look very good to me!

yeah, good points.

Return to Critique This!