Submit your artwork for critiques here, or give someone else some helpful criticism or advice on their artwork. Please keep things civil.

Moderators: SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, Ambiguity, virtueone

Postby Kareem gado » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:40 pm

Kareem gado

Subject title: my late art work

i did this scenes lately and i know it's full of mistakes so please any body guide me
25.jpg
Assassion
Untitled-7.jpg
Bar black and white
Untitled-14.jpg
the final Bar

Postby goago » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:56 am

goago

From looking at it quickly you really want to study perspective more and your values are off too.
The scenes themselfes are pretty cool tho spec the top one. They just lack perspective.

So i recommend you look at drawabox (website) for perspective and do form studys. You can find out more about form studys at istebraks yt channel
You also want to draw everydaY and keep studying!

Sorry if this is all over the place but sidnt have a lot of time.

Postby Audiazif » Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:00 pm

Audiazif

Your perspective needs work. Here is a quick redraw of the bar piece.

The main issue that I found is you didn't stick with the horizon line. There are multiple vanishing points, which is fine, but they don't share the HL. The bar and shelves have a VP on the HL but then the booths and tables seem to go to anther VP on a different HL. You can only have one true horizon line. Another problem is you have things that are above the HL but you are not seeing the underside of them and even seeing them from above. This image shows that if an object is above the HL you will see more of the bottom and if it is below the HL you will see more of the top. The last thing I would say regarding the HL is that you can use it to line up objects and people of the same size in perspective. In the redraw I made the two women about the same height by lining up the same part of their bodies to the HL (see how the HL passes through about the same area in the head). The men are taller the the women but they are about the same height. I also think it is worth mentioning that the floor tiles are not in the same perspective as the rest of the scene. Again it comes down to the VPs not being on the common HL. Another thing is that if they are not in one point perspective like the rest of the scene, which seems to be the case, then the tiles have to be in two point perspective.

I realize this is a lot of info that needs to be processed. If you feel overwhelmed by all of this I would say that you should start with making sure you establish a HL and that all of your VPs are located on that HL.
"Painting is edge hell!"

Deviantart
Sketchbook

Postby snisetski » Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:56 pm

snisetski

In the bar piece, the anatomy could use some work. The woman's arm looks too stiff (almost like a pole). There's no flow in her body. It's too straight. I personally like the color palette choice!

Return to Critique This!