Start your own sketchbook thread! Finished works or works in progress, it doesn't matter, this is just for you to show the artwork you've been working on.

Moderators: SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, Ambiguity, virtueone

Postby pukrolli » Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:39 pm

pukrolli

Subject title: Pukrolli's Sketchbook

Hello!
Thank you for visiting my page :D any comments or critiques are always appreciated.

I hope to post here regularly, but for now I will post a couple of my recent artworks, just to get this started! :D
banner12.jpg

rose2.jpg

Postby Ibyville » Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:38 am

Ibyville

Lovely paintings, those vibrant colors manage to catch my eyes, how much delay in each piece?

Postby pukrolli » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:25 pm

pukrolli

Thank you!
The first piece with the magical girl was drawn on September 29, and the other piece was drawn about a week later :D

Inktober Day 1
Capture.JPG

My first time doing Inktober, and using brush pens :D! It was quite difficult (no ctrl z in real life!!) but fun.

Postby Kayla-su » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:18 am

Kayla-su

You have nice line variation in you line drawing, it gives interest to the line. But the legs seem a bit thin in proportion to the rest of the body. I look forward to seeing you develop.

Postby pukrolli » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:39 pm

pukrolli

Kayla-su wrote:You have nice line variation in you line drawing, it gives interest to the line. But the legs seem a bit thin in proportion to the rest of the body. I look forward to seeing you develop.

Ohh, you're right :D I was trying to stay true to the original (Kingdom Hearts), which has thinner legs than I am used to, but I drew it too thin :lol: ...that's why it looked wrong! Thanks for telling me :D

I've been focusing on rendering and environments these days, because I am lacking a lot in those areas, and I've never studied them before!

Quick 15 minute paintings from photos:
10-19-17-3.jpg

10-19-17-5.jpg

:cry: It looks pretty bad... I think going into painting without any linework is too much for me right now :lol:

Finally, a piece from imagination:
gfhgfj.jpg

Playing around with dappled lighting :D Something about the image really bugs me, and I think it probably has to do with value and edges :x

Postby Kittycat2017 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:54 pm

Kittycat2017

i really like the different lighting you used here its super cool. Ive been drawing for so long and ive always been too afraid to try that because i was worried it would look silly but after seeing this i think i might give it a try :-)
thanks for being so inspiring!

Postby RAC00NIE » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:56 pm

RAC00NIE

Your colors are so good~~

Postby pukrolli » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:21 am

pukrolli

Kittycat2017: Thank you! You should definitely go for it! :D I wasn't sure if it would turn out well either, but I decided to try it out for fun :lol: it turned out okay, which is a plus :D

RAC00NIE: Thank you! :D It's strange because I think colour is one of my strongest points, but it is the thing that I practiced the least :lol: Perspective, on the other hand...

Just an image that I drew for a contest on DA. I'm not too happy with the way the character looks, but the focus was on the design, which I think is not bad :D
occontest1.jpg

And some compositions studies from movies and manga!
10-21-17.jpg

Postby Kittycat2017 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:26 am

Kittycat2017

woah that tail looks so beautiful its so detailed and oriental looking, also those compositions are cool I like the colored ones a lot
keep up the good work :D

Postby pukrolli » Sun Nov 05, 2017 7:23 am

pukrolli

Kittycat2017: Thank you for visiting again! :D It's always nice to come back to a nice comment on my sketchbook :lol:

I've been busy with school and such these days so I haven't been drawing much at all... :cry:
But to keep my sketchbook relatively active, I'll post the only piece that I drew in the past few weeks! :D

10-30-17.jpg

Postby Kittycat2017 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:54 pm

Kittycat2017

Oh! this piece is so pretty!! I love that blue hair next to those red flowers. This reminds me a bit of alphonse mucha, hes a super cool dude and his art is totally worth checking out if you have the time. Also, i think you did a great job rendering that flowing fabric on the dress, it looks very soft and floaty.
Please continue to update on what you've been making, youve got a really nice style and I want to see what else you can do c:

Return to Sketchbook