Start your own sketchbook thread! Finished works or works in progress, it doesn't matter, this is just for you to show the artwork you've been working on.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Kuronuma » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:27 am

Kuronuma

Subject title: Skyris's Sketch Book!

Skyris wrote:Thanks kuro! :D ur like the only person that still looks at my stuff :3

naw man :) But I sometimes feel the same. Guess that comes with how big the forum has grown..
Check out my deviantart! http://psycadela.deviantart.com/
And my sketchbook viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8210&start=340 :)

Oh oh! I created my fb page! https://www.facebook.com/psycadela

Postby You » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:40 am

You

That magical city looks awesome. Your landscapes in general are very very well done.

Postby Aenea » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:26 am

Aenea

That landscape is so awesome.
I like how u used the purple in the shadows and the clean lines in the architecture... O.o

Postby wartynewt » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:21 pm

wartynewt

your landscapes are getting better and better! and kuronuma isn't the only one :p i check every update of your sketchbook ^^

Postby marvel57 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:50 pm

marvel57

The only problem, IMO, is that the mountains side looks unfocused/unfinished, compared to the sharp detail of the more distant city. Hillsides and mountains have just as much detail as anything else..... :ugeek:

Postby JoseJose » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:44 pm

JoseJose

Wow Skyris Im going to use this wallpaper, Its awesome! xD Your landscapes are getting better.

Postby Ambiguity » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:22 pm

Ambiguity

marvel57 wrote: Hillsides and mountains have just as much detail as anything else..... :ugeek:

True, but when you're trying to create a focal point, you don't want to give the same amount of attention to less important areas of the illustration, not to mention the human eye can only focus on what it's looking at directly. Also, it made me smile seeing you use the abbreviation "imo", looks like you can teach an old dog new tricks :D.

Postby Skyris » Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:15 pm

Skyris

Thanks everyone! I've been pretty unmotivated to update my sketchbook but u guys definitely changed mind. Thanks alot for all the warm replies. I have a lot better, cooler stuff incoming!

Postby Skyris » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:11 am

Skyris

Hope everyone is doing great! I recently started my own FB. I hope everyone could join me. I'll be posting regularly!
www.facebook.com/SkyrisDesign

Postby You » Sun Aug 03, 2014 7:38 pm

You

Again great job! What do you think could be done better in this painting?(I'm asking cause when I see it it looks fine but it feels like it could be done better but i can't tell how)

Postby Skyris » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:45 pm

Skyris

I tihnk things could be rendered more clearly. ANd the house should be designed better. xD

Postby Probably Singed » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:49 am

Probably Singed

I just wrote up a nice big post for you just to hit enter and see "Please wait for a mod to approve this response." Oops. Wrong account.

You have awesome technical ability and a great sense of composition, but somehow depth seems to be a weakness in a lot of your works. It took me a while to figure out exactly why, and I think it has to do with atmospheric perspective. Or rather, a lot of the colors you use in the foreground are too similar in value and color to the background, so the depth of the painting/drawing seems to be lacking when it really shouldn't. If you focused on this for a while, I think the quality of your works would jump up quite a bit.

Your stuff is so amazing Skyris, keep it up. You said earlier that not many people look at your stuff, but I'm always checking out the majority of the sketchbooks in here. I keep tabs on almost everyone, and while I might not comment, I make note of what they're improving on and need to improve on. I can't wait to see what you do in the future.

Alright, I'm off to wander around for thirty years before posting again. But I promise, I'm always keeping an eye on what everyone's doing, including you.
Most likely. Almost definitely.

Postby Oli » Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:59 am

Oli

The latest piece you are working on looks great!!! Keep it up
My sketchbook | My dA | My Facebook

Life is too short for bad coffee!

Postby Skyris » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:20 am

Skyris

thanks alot singed! Thats exactly what i need to work on. I've been doing alot of studies and im startttingg to get it. thanks alot though ^^

Postby Ambiguity » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:32 am

Ambiguity

Probably Singed wrote:I just wrote up a nice big post for you just to hit enter and see "Please wait for a mod to approve this response." Oops. Wrong account.

Ahaha, I just approved that post before reading this one. I deleted it, but that account should be able to post freely now since I approved it's first post.

Probably Singed wrote:Alright, I'm off to wander around for thirty years before posting again. But I promise, I'm always keeping an eye on what everyone's doing, including you.

Glad to know I'm not the only one, I load up everyone's SBs in tabs and look at the latest post. I can't always reply to everyone though because there are so many new members flooding in now.

Postby Probably Singed » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:42 am

Probably Singed

Ambiguity wrote:Glad to know I'm not the only one, I load up everyone's SBs in tabs and look at the latest post. I can't always reply to everyone though because there are so many new members flooding in now.

I just don't like saying stuff like "Ohhhh, very nice!" on it's own, but I also don't like giving someone a ton of advice if it looks like they're already trying to step in that direction or it's too far above what they're doing now. Usually that means I wander from sketchbook to sketchbook thinking "What can I say?! What do I say?! I want to help but I don't want them to hate me!"

And then I leave, because I'm stupid and like procrastinating. Glad to see you're more active though, it seemed you were gone for quite a while there.

Also, glad to hear it Skyris! Your stuff really is amazing, I think you're approaching a professional level really really fast.
Most likely. Almost definitely.

Postby Ambiguity » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:19 am

Ambiguity

Probably Singed wrote:I just don't like saying stuff like "Ohhhh, very nice!" on it's own,

Same: viewtopic.php?p=56927#p56927

Probably Singed wrote:but I also don't like giving someone a ton of advice if it looks like they're already trying to step in that direction or it's too far above what they're doing now.

Hmm, yeah that's tough, I try to cater my critiques to what I see them consistently doing wrong when it's in a sketchbook. It's a lot easier if they ask for help with something specific though.

Probably Singed wrote:Glad to see you're more active though, it seemed you were gone for quite a while there.

If you mean a few weeks ago it's because home life was pretty crappy so I was trying to drown it out with video games. Art is a happy activity for me so it's hard to do it when I have a lot of anxiety/ I'm not the type of artist who can or would even want to paint their feelings.

P.S. Sorry for hijacking your thread Skyris D:

Postby wartynewt » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:39 pm

wartynewt

it's coming along nicely, the mast of the ship is bothering me though, it's pointing to the edge of the painting which leads the viewers eye away from the canvas.

Postby LuisEC » Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:43 am

LuisEC

Skyris how the shit did you approach the water? mostly the foamy breakup stuff and the surface treatment of the water itself.
Near the ship the contrast boost in the wave is really nice :)

Postby lukasz.draws » Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:41 am

lukasz.draws

Yup, amazing job with the water, kudos!

PreviousNext

Return to Sketchbook