Start your own sketchbook thread! Finished works or works in progress, it doesn't matter, this is just for you to show the artwork you've been working on.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby ameliori » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:46 am

ameliori

Subject title: potangko's sketchbook

Day 2 of Oil Painting Class

Postby ehlihr » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:07 am

ehlihr

WHAT IS YOUR ART EVEN. It's awesome?!?! And your sketches are brilliant. A+++
18 year old mostly self taught loser. sheridan illustration 2023

Sketchbook
Website
Instagram

Postby Aenea » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:43 am

Aenea

Super cool figure drawings! O.o

Postby Skyris » Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:43 am

Skyris

Hey! where have u been, havent seen u on the hangout in forever D;

Postby ameliori » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:57 am

ameliori

Elihaha wrote:WHAT IS YOUR ART EVEN. It's awesome?!?! And your sketches are brilliant. A+++

Thanks for dropping by Elihaha! I don't have much works posted but I'm really happy you found them good :D

Aenea wrote:Super cool figure drawings! O.o

Thanks for commenting on my sketchbook, Aenea! I appreciate the encouragement

Skyris wrote:Hey! where have u been, havent seen u on the hangout in forever D;

Oh! I didn't know I was missed! I'll try dropping by soon!! Thanks for reminding me of the hangout Skyris!

++
Day 3-4 of Oil painting Class (Alla Prima) using limited palette (Yellow Ochre, Indian Red, Titanium White and Ivory Black)

Postby Kuronuma » Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:54 pm

Kuronuma

Great work with the oil painting :)
Check out my deviantart! http://psycadela.deviantart.com/
And my sketchbook viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8210&start=340 :)

Oh oh! I created my fb page! https://www.facebook.com/psycadela

Postby marvel57 » Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:56 pm

marvel57

Pot-really good mix of talent, technique and mediums. I tend to think traditional skills may be a better way. All you need is a burnt stick and you can GetDown! :ugeek:

Postby ameliori » Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:33 pm

ameliori

Kuronuma wrote:Great work with the oil

painting :)

Thanks Kuronuma!

marvel57 wrote:Pot-really good mix of talent, technique and mediums. I tend to think traditional skills may be a better way. All you need is a burnt stick and you can GetDown! :ugeek:

It's an honor coming from you, marvel! Thanks a lot! Interestingly, that's exactly what my painting instructor threatened me with: that I'll have to paint with a burnt stick next time haha! Too training-montagey if you ask me haha

++

I haven't posted for quite a while! It's been really hectic with work plus the additional burden of oil painting class. This is a recent painting using Flemish Technique:

Image Image

I've also had my first ever Life Drawing Classes last week. Busted my hand during the event so I wasn't able to finish anything. My hand had to be placed in ice overnight. Lol. Advice for the beginner painter: Don't paint for 10 hours straight!!

I've also bit the bullet and made my own Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ameliori, owing to the past conversation with the people in the forum about being more aggressive about marketing yourself and your art. It also helps that people in general have been really supportive. Drop by some time! I'd love to chat and get to know you IRL :)

Postby explosivedesign » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:14 pm

explosivedesign

Daimn' that painting is amazing :o , I'm loving it :)
Im Alex, a Digital Artist Wanna'be

Sketchbook: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11305

Postby Zimatrix » Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:52 pm

Zimatrix

That portrait is freaking gorgeous :D awesome work!

Postby ManoRGM » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:17 pm

ManoRGM

Both your traditional and digital work looks great, especially your figures look good. Hope to see more of you!
Shizurin Kujimoto

Postby ameliori » Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:15 pm

ameliori

explosivedesign wrote:Daimn' that painting is amazing :o , I'm loving it :)

Hey thanks explosivedesign! It was under the instructor's guidance, so I can't take full credit for it. Still yet to make a painting on my own!

Zimatrix wrote:That portrait is freaking gorgeous :D awesome work!

Thanks Zimatrix! I hope I can make another one just as good. That's a bit of my worry. I might forget what I learned! Haha

ManoRGM wrote:Both your traditional and digital work looks great, especially your figures look good. Hope to see more of you!

Thanks for taking the time to browse through my older stuff, Mano. I love drawing the figure. It's one of my go-tos to draw. Hope to hang around more often too!

Postby spacerogue » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:04 pm

spacerogue

Just here to say I absolutely love your works :o

Postby Kuronuma » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:20 pm

Kuronuma

Awesome work! I really love the portrait
Check out my deviantart! http://psycadela.deviantart.com/
And my sketchbook viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8210&start=340 :)

Oh oh! I created my fb page! https://www.facebook.com/psycadela

Postby ameliori » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:24 am

ameliori

Hi!!! Happy New Year to everyone! Sorry I haven't been in touch for so long! I've been so busy the last few months of the year, it's a miracle I was able to draw. Here's some work from the last four months:

Digital Portrait

Feet Practice:

Hand Practice:

Some random artworks:

I'm experimenting with styles at the moment, so if you can comment your thoughts (like pros and cons of a certain style etc.), I'll truly appreciate it! (It's a gif, so the animation doesn't work, just drop me a note and I'll post the artworks separately).

Last edited by ameliori on Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby sanguine » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:27 am

sanguine

Who are you and how have I never commented on this?!?!? Your work is astounding!! Your studies look great, and your painting skills are BEYOND good! Especially the first one in your most recent post!! I can't wait to see more from you:)
Last edited by sanguine on Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby ameliori » Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:36 am

ameliori

sanguine wrote:Who are you and how have I never commented on this?!?!? Your work is astounding!! Your studies loom great, and your painting skills are BEYOND good! Especially the first one in your most recent post!! I can't wait to see more from you:)

Hahaha.. Omg sanguine you made me laugh! I used to be active in the forums last year (feels weird to say last year since it was just last year a month ago), but I wasn't able to post recently. We all know the sketchbook board gets updated everyday so my thread probably got buried haha. Thanks a lot for your positive comments on my work though! I'll try to post more!

Postby dabberblimp » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:31 pm

dabberblimp

Your sketchbookpages are amazing,I love that you just draw the things on top of each other :D and that first sketchbook you postet looks especially nice with the worn pages, did you make it yourself?
sketchbook -> http://www.sycra.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11403
deviantart (where I only upload my animations for now) : http://dabberblimp.deviantart.com/

art is a journey not a destination

Postby kai47 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 11:06 pm

kai47

ameliori wrote: I really need artists friends! Not even study buddies (though that would be wonderful), but just people to talk to because there is no support from my immediate friends and family. >__<

here i am , im not that good at friendships xD i have some friends and i love them but as you no one interested on art.
i love your sketchbook anyway specialy your traditional media
Hello im 16 years old im doing my best (ejem not true but i try it) to get better and being even a concept artist or an illustrator,also animating would be nice... i dont know what to do but i still have time to decide.

e-mail:kiritokai@gmail.com

you can contact me by e-mail or skype (i prefer e-mail)

Postby Hybridcity » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:28 am

Hybridcity

You've improved quite a bit since page 1! This sketchbook is very awesome, I love the way you paint both digitally and traditionally. ^3^ Keep up the great work!!
18 year old person doing the art thing

InstaGRAM: https://instagram.com/hybridremmie/
SketchBOOK: http://www.sycra.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=17689

Postby ameliori » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:20 am

ameliori

dabberblimp wrote:Your sketchbookpages are amazing,I love that you just draw the things on top of each other :D and that first sketchbook you postet looks especially nice with the worn pages, did you make it yourself?

Yes I did! I used old shopping paper bags, loose sheets of paper or those balled up stuff you find inside bags as filler (dunno what they're called!) which I cut up and compiled into notebooks. I think it's cos asian parents always instilled in me this fear of wasting money on paper so I tend to recycle stuff hahaha.

kai47 wrote:here i am , im not that good at friendships xD i have some friends and i love them but as you no one interested on art.
i love your sketchbook anyway specialy your traditional media

Hi Kai!! Thanks for dropping by my sketchbook! I don't even go here that often, but feel free to drop me a note here if you're still around! I'll try to be more active!

Hybridcity wrote:You've improved quite a bit since page 1! This sketchbook is very awesome, I love the way you paint both digitally and traditionally. ^3^ Keep up the great work!!

Thanks Hybridcity! Yeah, I don't think I can let traditional media go anytime. It's wonderfully therapeutic. It almost feels like digital is work while traditional is hobby! Thanks a lot for dropping by! ^^

++

So again, i haven't updated for sooooo long. I've been quite busy! I haven't even done much drawing sadly :( But I have been building something lately that is still art related XD Now for some (unfinished) sketches and paintings..

I tried out character design with a little realistic anime style for a game I hope to finish

Also.. FRIGGIN.... BACKGROUNDS. I HATE BACKGROUNDS *cry* But I got no choice but to venture in their dark domain. Here's a little step by step of linearts.

Postby sanguine » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:11 pm

sanguine

Your artwork is visually very beautiful. I especially like your studies here: http://36.media.tumblr.com/f0f9e9aba5b0 ... o1_500.png Color me impressed!:)

Postby Ren » Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:25 am

Ren

I really like the atmosphere you create in your images, there's something beautiful and scary in some of these (like the horse head and the cherub, even, to a degree).

I really loved the art in Cupid, too, though I didn't come across this thread before.

Previous

Return to Sketchbook