Start your own sketchbook thread! Finished works or works in progress, it doesn't matter, this is just for you to show the artwork you've been working on.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby tomboyhippyprincess » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:07 am

tomboyhippyprincess

Subject title: Puzzle's Sketchbook (Slightly NSFW)

Hi, TomboyHippyPrincess here. I wish I could change that username but I don't want to have to create a new email for it so here we are and you can just call me Puzzle. I haven't used this forum in years so I decided to start fresh. I've improved a lot in the last few years and I just wanted to thank anyone who actually gave me advice.

I wanted to start off by posting some artworks that I've done fairly recently...well, recently enough. Within the past couple of months. Fair warning, I'm very experimental so my style is continuously changing and I can be very messy.
5.png

6.png

7.png

8.png

9.png
(This one is from yesterday actually, to give you an idea of the time frame)

Nice to see you all again!
Last edited by tomboyhippyprincess on Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Postby tomboyhippyprincess » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:13 am

tomboyhippyprincess

Quick post before bed: I'm doing some fanart of Persona 5 while also trying to get out of my comfort zone. Big problemo, I realized that it's very hard for me to draw people sitting down without their thigh looking super long or looking like their rear end is completely non-existent. The feet are also a little weird, but I can fix them by looking at some references. Looking at references for the leg thing isn't really helping for some reason; anyone have any help for me?
4.png

Postby tomboyhippyprincess » Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:14 am

tomboyhippyprincess

Made a fun little character concept. Tbh he's not all that interesting looking but he's fun to draw so eh. His name's Nathan Morez.

i541^cimgpsh_orig.png

Postby KitKat » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:30 pm

KitKat

I love the first one! The one with the vampire mouth~
I really think you should venture more into that kinda style ( the vibrant poster-ish concept?)
I think your strong point in your art is your use of colour. I hope you make more of those paintings

I like Nathan Morez. He looks cool ugu

Postby tomboyhippyprincess » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:15 pm

tomboyhippyprincess

KitKat wrote:I love the first one! The one with the vampire mouth~
I really think you should venture more into that kinda style ( the vibrant poster-ish concept?)
I think your strong point in your art is your use of colour. I hope you make more of those paintings

I like Nathan Morez. He looks cool ugu

Thank you! I'm glad you enjoy my color barf lol.

Postby tomboyhippyprincess » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:16 pm

tomboyhippyprincess

I finished the picture of Nathan. The shading on his jacket is a little weird but other than that I'm pretty proud of this.
4.png

Postby tomboyhippyprincess » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:25 am

tomboyhippyprincess

Working on a mini drawing of a character in my comic that still technically doesn't exist yet. I really wish I was faster at drawing because this "mini" drawing is taking days just for the sketch. :/
4.png

Postby sanguine » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:47 am

sanguine

Nice work! I love the hands and the expression:) I look forward to more!

Postby tomboyhippyprincess » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:15 am

tomboyhippyprincess

sanguine wrote:Nice work! I love the hands and the expression:) I look forward to more!

Thanks very much!

Postby tomboyhippyprincess » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:25 am

tomboyhippyprincess

Got some more character concept art for my project. I can't say I'm the best at outfit design, but I feel like I'm at least passable? I neglected to draw her hands on the second outfit but this is still a work in progress. Good design or not I feel like the one thing I got right was the feeling of it: alien-like and almost sacred. I also went a little more stylized with this character's body proportions with hugely long legs and a very rectangular shape at her core which is far more apparent with the left outfit.
4.png

This character is named Poppy James, and she's just as tall as she looks. Also, needless to say a lot of weird stuff is going on in my project lol

Postby tomboyhippyprincess » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:37 am

tomboyhippyprincess

Made more progress on my character lineup for my project. It's already gone under a lot of changes, story wise, over the past couple days. But progress is being made!
4.png

Postby tomboyhippyprincess » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:19 pm

tomboyhippyprincess

The main character lineup is done! Sorry about my poor handwriting; I made my handwriting into a font so that it could be a little more legible than when I free hand it. But, here are the main characters for the comic I'm trying to write.
4.png

Postby geryes » Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:25 am

geryes

Sweet sketchbook! I get a real Frederator feel from it! Keep up the great work!
I too mainly draw girls.
Sketchbook
Deviantart

Postby Wyntry » Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:23 am

Wyntry

Definitely love your design progression, puzzle. Good work. :D
"Study hard and all things can be accomplished; give up and you will amount to nothing". -Yamaoka Tesshu
Sketchbook: http://sycra.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9424
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/artofwyntry/

Postby tomboyhippyprincess » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:23 pm

tomboyhippyprincess

I wouldn't say these are bad in terms of communication of the pose, but the anatomy feels unnatural. Especially the legs...I really need to sit down, look up some poses and just do my best to draw realistically. I'm just bad at self discipline, honestly.
4.png

Postby tomboyhippyprincess » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:50 am

tomboyhippyprincess

Finally decided to sit down and draw from reference for a while. Of course I had to implant one of my characters on the studies and take some liberties with the pose with this one but I intend to do that much less with the other pictures to come from these exercises. But, here's the first one regardless.
4.png

Postby tomboyhippyprincess » Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:55 am

tomboyhippyprincess

Just another character I made. His name is Basil Louise and he has super screaming powers and also bronchitis so you can imagine how that works out. I need to draw more complex poses than this, and I'll get to it.
4.png

Postby tomboyhippyprincess » Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:22 pm

tomboyhippyprincess

Did a drawing of a character generated for a game of Urealms that I will play in the future. Her name is Lilah Smithers and she's a Keen Death Knight. I'm also progressively drawing the characters that belong to the other people participating, if they want one. This one's mine.
i579^cimgpsh_orig.png

And this one's a friend's. He's also a Keen, but with a golden revolver and a monocle eye.
haaaaaaaaaaaa.png

Postby tomboyhippyprincess » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:44 pm

tomboyhippyprincess

Heeeey I haven't posted here in a while, so here's some new-ish stuff.

3.png

4.png

1.png

2.png

I've also been working more on my webcomic recently since my semester is ending soon. I haven't had tons of progress but I've decided to re-do my height chart since my art has improved so much since then. Also changing how I draw eyes, the ones I draw now have too much of a Seth Macfarlane vibe for me to be comfortable with and they're not very flexible.

Postby tomboyhippyprincess » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:04 am

tomboyhippyprincess

Gosh, that old character line up for my comic looks so...well, old. Here's an updated one! With a new character in it to boot!

4.png

And another one! This one's a vampire! Wow!

5.png

And the last one! Another comic related thing!

1.png

You know, I did manage to take an art class recently. A REAL one, in a college. It was awesome! But my teacher thought I was very weird because she said I was great at figure drawings and portraits, buuuut...well, not as good at still-life drawings (which is what 90% of the class was). She said usually it's the other way around. But apparently my cartoony style helped me a lot with drawing people semi-realistically, because I broke things down into squishy, organic shapes rather than solid ones. That's cool and all, but if I want to start making comics any time soon I need to learn perspective. You'd think all those still-life drawings would help me buuuut no. I'm still just as bad. Hopefully I'll find a video or tutorial somewhere that'll make something click.

Postby Ayaake » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:00 pm

Ayaake

I'm loving this sketchbook.All your characters are so dintinct and full of personalities :D

Postby tomboyhippyprincess » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:34 pm

tomboyhippyprincess

Ayaake wrote:I'm loving this sketchbook.All your characters are so dintinct and full of personalities :D

Thank you very much!!

Postby ehlihr » Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:16 am

ehlihr

this sketchbook is such a good fun time i love it!!!!
18 year old mostly self taught loser. sheridan illustration 2023

Sketchbook
Website
Instagram

Postby tomboyhippyprincess » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:47 pm

tomboyhippyprincess

ehlihr wrote:this sketchbook is such a good fun time i love it!!!!

Thank you! I love yours too, your art style is so nice :O

Postby Nymzo » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:20 am

Nymzo

Such clean artwork, splendid work.

Next

Return to Sketchbook