Start your own sketchbook thread! Finished works or works in progress, it doesn't matter, this is just for you to show the artwork you've been working on.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Shao » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:20 am

Shao

Subject title: Shao Sketchbook

Hello everyone, my name is Shao and i'm learning drwaing about 2 weeks. This is some of my sketchbook stuff, it's would be pleasure for me to hear your opinion about my work progress and helpfull critique.I started draw this knigt about 5 or 6 days ago, but ppl who i asked to help me( russian community ) in one voice saying that i have anatomy problems :"c(im learning drawing my self). So i start to draw anatomy sketches. Thnx to everone who will answer and help me in study of my mistakes. cheers
Spoiler: show

Postby Shao » Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:59 am

Shao

some new stuff

Postby Jhaiden84 » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:15 am

Jhaiden84

I love the textures and armor highlights. Post more. this seems promising :D

Postby Snakebreath » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:46 am

Snakebreath

Just like to say I love the mid evil theme, fantasy art is the best :D

Did a quick paintover for practice...

The first thing I noticed was the head was side view while the rest was 3/4 view. Fixed that up.
I also played around with the values, you did a good job on the armour, but I pushed it even further, the more contrast the better.
I then did a bit of work by adding the cape and some minor designs to add to the overall colour pallette and warmth of the picture.
And lastly I threw him into a simple environment, I did this just to get a sense of what type of area he was in, and to solidify the colour pallete (used a warm color pallete. looked like what you were going for).

Thanks for the practice, hope you like it! Cant wait to see more of your work!
Russian Knight.jpg

Postby Shao » Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:27 am

Shao

Thanks for supporting me, im very appreciated )
That what i wanted to do with knight(you allmost understand me)he should been watch at isle over against him, analyze he's enemys before going to them. But had to turn background off cose was trying to found how to make legs

Postby Shao » Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:14 am

Shao

some new idea in work progress

Postby Shao » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:46 pm

Shao

body plastic stduy

Postby Shao » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:12 am

Shao

what you think guys, i'm moving in right direction? waiting for your feed back with impatience

Postby Snakebreath » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:29 am

Snakebreath

Practice the proportions, atm I see you make your bodies too long, and the legs too short.

Postby Shao » Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:35 am

Shao

Snakebreath wrote:Practice the proportions, atm I see you make your bodies too long, and the legs too short.

okey, ill try to fix my problem thank you)
satan sketch rework. and some gay plastic

Postby Shao » Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:28 am

Shao

i really should concentraite on long of legs and body...

Postby Shao » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:09 am

Shao

some new partice in body plastic studys -_-
other way to draw anatomy plastic

Postby Ambiguity » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:40 am

Ambiguity

You draw the same degree of tilt on on all your ellipses, that's not the way perspective works.

Have a look here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cf_pUJSQeM

Postby Shao » Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:49 am

Shao

Ambiguity wrote:You draw the same degree of tilt on on all your ellipses, that's not the way perspective works.

Have a look here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cf_pUJSQeM

huge thnx, ill study this exercises from now

Postby Shao » Mon Nov 04, 2013 12:43 am

Shao

hand

Postby Ambiguity » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:50 am

Ambiguity

Watch out on that symmetry, muscles need to be asymmetrical in order to work, not to mention symmetry is bad for gesture. Also, you're adding muscle that don't exist :shock:.

Keep working hard o.-

Postby Shao » Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:19 am

Shao

some new sketches

Postby Shao » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:53 am

Shao

found time to do some new sketches

Postby Felime » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:09 am

Felime

With the latest one the first one looks like you tilted the hips to directly face the camera, as the entire hip area is completely symmetrical. The abdomen is fairly long as well, but I think most of that is that the hip bones feel really flat, bringing those up and working on the pelvis in general. Be careful when you're working on longer legs to scale the entire leg, the thigh is really long in proportion to everything else. As a whole, though, it's got a nice flow and gesture to it, which is great. That gap also won't really show up if the view is anything other than straight on, the ass is through there at slight angles, and significant angles will only show the thigh, so You can refine proportions, but if the whole pose is stiff from the start that's very hard to fix.

The second one's not bad. It has a very very long torso, but that's mainly because it looks like the ribcage and abdomen are meeting at a right angle, if you tone that down and show some of the front of the ribcage and the scrunch on the abdomen, I think those issues would disappear.

It's really hard to do proportions from imagination at the start, and I don't don't really have it completely down either. Doing gestures and drawing from reference is how I try to work on mine usually, though I do occasionally do imagination stuff. Gestures also let you do a lot of practice very quickly, and let you exaggerate easily, which helps with stiff poses.

Keep up the practice :D
propdrawover 1.png

Postby Shao » Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:12 pm

Shao

Felime wrote:With the latest one the first one looks like you tilted the hips to directly face the camera, as the entire hip area is completely symmetrical. The abdomen is fairly long as well, but I think most of that is that the hip bones feel really flat, bringing those up and working on the pelvis in general. Be careful when you're working on longer legs to scale the entire leg, the thigh is really long in proportion to everything else. As a whole, though, it's got a nice flow and gesture to it, which is great. That gap also won't really show up if the view is anything other than straight on, the ass is through there at slight angles, and significant angles will only show the thigh, so You can refine proportions, but if the whole pose is stiff from the start that's very hard to fix.

The second one's not bad. It has a very very long torso, but that's mainly because it looks like the ribcage and abdomen are meeting at a right angle, if you tone that down and show some of the front of the ribcage and the scrunch on the abdomen, I think those issues would disappear.

It's really hard to do proportions from imagination at the start, and I don't don't really have it completely down either. Doing gestures and drawing from reference is how I try to work on mine usually, though I do occasionally do imagination stuff. Gestures also let you do a lot of practice very quickly, and let you exaggerate easily, which helps with stiff poses.

Keep up the practice :D

thank you a lot , really full answer :D
some hands practise today from referal

Postby Felime » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:14 pm

Felime

You're welcome! I've had (and still have) trouble with some of the same things!

Postby Shao » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:55 am

Shao

speed painting on half hour

Postby Shao » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:59 am

Shao

from speed paint , to idea (battle necromancer)
second variation

Postby Shao » Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:06 am

Shao

HERESY!

Postby Shao » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:29 am

Shao

free hand speed paint of my self 20minutes

Next

Return to Sketchbook