Start your own sketchbook thread! Finished works or works in progress, it doesn't matter, this is just for you to show the artwork you've been working on.

Moderators: SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, Ambiguity, virtueone

Postby SlimRock » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:38 am

SlimRock

Subject title: Muk1R1 Sketchpad

Here is a sketch i did in Photoshop, the video is in my youtube channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/slimrock13
Sketching 4tiny.jpg

Postby PostBoxRomance » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:55 am

PostBoxRomance

Hi there! Welcome to the sketchbook forum!

Some nice costume design here, I particularly like the cabaret style one. There's something about her raised leg that's not quite right, but I can't put my finger on it (or should that be foot? haha).

Some good sketch and anatomy work here, I look forward to seeing more!
My sketchbook: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2033&start=0

25 years old, artist, web designer and pretending to know what I'm doing.

Postby SlimRock » Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:52 am

SlimRock

Thank u, ill try to do as requested : )

Postby SlimRock » Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:30 am

SlimRock

A Page from my sketchbook (Random x-ters)
xters tiny.jpg

Postby SlimRock » Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:55 am

SlimRock

Another page from my sketchbook
Star Ships tiny.jpg

Postby Zearthus » Wed Dec 18, 2013 11:31 am

Zearthus

Woohoo. Love those ships.
BEHANCE: https://www.behance.net/brian-hermelijn
SKETCHBOOK: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8158&hilit=Zearthus&start=540

"I do not sugarcoat, rather I write my honest opinion"

Postby SlimRock » Fri Jan 03, 2014 7:59 pm

SlimRock

Thanks brian, im trying to do a digital one now, you can check my youtube channel, im might post it sometime
youtube : https://www.youtube.com/user/slimrock13/videos

Postby Nysta » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:36 pm

Nysta

PostBoxRomance wrote:Hi there! Welcome to the sketchbook forum!

Some nice costume design here, I particularly like the cabaret style one. There's something about her raised leg that's not quite right, but I can't put my finger on it (or should that be foot? haha).

Some good sketch and anatomy work here, I look forward to seeing more!

The ankle is too far up the leg. Well, that's at least the most probable thing to have caught your attention since it's the thing that off the most. That little c-shape just doesn't belong there.

Nice designs Muk1r1

Postby SlimRock » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:24 am

SlimRock

Thanks Nysta, will work on that.

Postby SlimRock » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:56 am

SlimRock

Random Photoshop Sketching:
video here : https://www.youtube.com/user/slimrock13/videos
Sketching 7 tiny.jpg

Postby bszijlstra » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:38 am

bszijlstra

I saw the video, good job! keep up the good work :)

Postby kocab22 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:54 am

kocab22

nice sketchbook and youtube channel ;), keep working hard :)

Postby wartynewt » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:11 am

wartynewt

Great designs! I'm definitely going to check out your youtube channel.

Postby Archon » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:36 am

Archon

Wow that last piece of yours looks absolutely great (The digital figures designs)...

You surely have great rendering skills, one thing I`d suggest is to just a liitle more on gestures, so that some stuff of yours don`t look stiff (like the ninja, he kind of doesn`t make such excellent impression as the others), cuz to be honest if you grasp gesture and rendering you`re playing the game. Just don`t stop working dude! (Don`t forget colour as well, I mean form/gesture/values and everything you`re doing atm is more important but every now and then colour your stuff because if you get really used to drawing only black and white and sometimes highlight with markers like I did you`re gonna have a bit of a hard time getting rid of it XD)

Postby SlimRock » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:01 am

SlimRock

Thanx you guys for the comments, im always trying to imrove, and any critiq i get helps immensely.
@ Archon : check out my other paintings that iv done in color and tell me wat you think. my deviant art link here : http://slimrock.deviantart.com/gallery/

Postby Archon » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:04 am

Archon

Oh, alright then, I didn`t really know you had coloured paintings ;)

I think your rendering level is on a near professional rendering, you`re close... I shouldn`t be giving advices cuz my rendering is alot worse but the only thing I could suggest you atm is to GET WILD with design and composition and freedom of drawing... just do a shitload of thumbnails and try to make your paintings more rough and add detail only at the focal points...
If you continue to draw as you draw atm you`ll probobly become like Aleksi Briclot - who is an all time favourite artist of mine. But even his most recent drawings are using more effects and "easining" the work in a way. Aleksi is a "details freak" artist.
I love Feng Zhu and his way of drawing too much but he`s exactly what you need if you ask me. And we`re talking details here, note that I`m not giving you a "starter" advice or something of the sort, I`m talking about stepping onto the professional arena.

http://th03.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/i/2 ... 70v3t1.jpg - Change the angle and this is ready for the industry
http://slimrock.deviantart.com/art/Land ... 62046&qo=5 - make the cliff more interesting and Fantasy like, get wild into design, make it to blow ppl`s minds! I don`t like to critique usually cuz it sucks but I`ll tell you that the dragon seems like a 1 year ahead in drawing compared to the city. Also - If you want to render everything - that`s fine, but it`s a shitload of work more for nothing, render alot the FOCUS points and the rest give it space to breathe, make it WILD :D :P this is the key world "wild", you know what I`m talking about.

About colour... I think you`re perfectly fine, usually I`d use more "design- wise" colours, meaning more drastic changes, more saturation in interest points, more contrast where needed, etc BUT if you`re going into illustration you can go on perfectly fine the same way you`re going atm. It`s just that I always tend to like more design wise and concept artworks.

You`re great, I think you`ve reached the point where "THE FUN PART" starts ... don`t stop anatomy studies, don`t stop lighting, composition, proportions studies etc, but if you wanna do concept art go wild on doing designs!!! With good rendering skills the only thing you need to capture the audience is fantastic designs - and don`t limit yourself - a SIMPLE ROCK needs to have a neat design.

Good luck, I hope you don`t take my critique as something bad cuz it is not :P :)
hope I helped.

Postby SlimRock » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:46 am

SlimRock

Archon, duuude, cant thank u enough, never has anyone give me so much pointers and encouragement. :)
I checked out Aleksis stuff, osum, just osum. I certainly have a lot of work ahead of me if im goin to b like him some day.
and ofcourse iv subscribed to Feng's youtube channel like every artist out there.
keep checking back for future work.
Thanks a lot & all the best 2 u 2. :)

Postby SlimRock » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:21 am

SlimRock

A page from my sketchbook :
The ETERNALS.... I have a story in mind about this civilization, a story i hope to tell some day though my art.
Eternals tiny.jpg

Postby SlimRock » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:42 pm

SlimRock

HoverCraft
Another Page from my sketchbook.
Hover small  tiny.jpg

Postby SlimRock » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:05 pm

SlimRock

Some more Air Craft from Sketchbok.
IMG_20140205_0001tiny.jpg

Next

Return to Sketchbook