Start your own sketchbook thread! Finished works or works in progress, it doesn't matter, this is just for you to show the artwork you've been working on.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Kiyo3681 » Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:33 am

Kiyo3681

Subject title: Kiyo's Sketches

Update on previous drawing. I've tried to make his hand rest more on his shoulder and shortened his neck a bit. I also tried to fix the lopsidedness on his face. Feel free to give me any critiques. I want to try and push my skill with this drawing.
2017 04 13_4-2.jpg

Postby Wyntry » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:29 am

Wyntry

I really like your style. Keep at it. :D
"Study hard and all things can be accomplished; give up and you will amount to nothing". -Yamaoka Tesshu
Sketchbook: http://sycra.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9424
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/artofwyntry/

Postby Kiyo3681 » Wed May 03, 2017 6:12 am

Kiyo3681

I've been doing traditional drawings lately and I don't really have a good way to get them on my computer to post on here which is why I haven't posted in a while. I almost forgot about the drawing I was working on digitally and finally got around to finishing it. I tried using the tone layers in Medibang Paint Pro to render it but when I shrunk the image down it didn't translate well. It look so much better before I shrunk it, but oh well.

Wyntry wrote:I really like your style. Keep at it. :D

Thanks, though this isn't really my style, just me copying a style to learn from it and to see what I like and don't like about it.
2017 04 13_Final-2.jpg

Postby Kiyo3681 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:57 am

Kiyo3681

Dang, really haven't posted in a long time. I still am trying to draw every day, but I really want to get back into going hard on drawing. I've been doing a lot of half finished sketches, but want to do more finished work; at least finished line art and flat colors. I've switched drawing programs from Medibang Paint Pro to Clip Studio and I'm still trying to get the hang of all the shortcuts and tools.
Here's a character I made. I forgot to add his tail, but I want to move on to the next drawing.
2017 10 18_3.jpg

Postby Peteman22 » Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:24 pm

Peteman22

Hey there, nice to see your keeping it at it. If I may, offer some feed back. One thing, don't worry about finished pieces! Doing line art and color, even flat color, can take a long time. And you can get a lot more drawing done in the time it takes to do it.

Secondly, particularly on your latest guy and the one with long black, the degree to which their rib cages overlap their middles is a bit, extreme maybe. I'm not sure quite how to correctly convey what I mean in words. I think Proko's figure drawing videos might help you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74HR59y ... Y9Fbw_d2ws

But keep up the good work!
What are you doing? Stop browsing the forum and get drawing.

Just visit my sketchbook first:

http://www.sycra.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=37212 Come say hello!

Postby Kittycat2017 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:38 am

Kittycat2017

Hey man cool stuff!
I really like the soul eater ones~ <3

Postby Kiyo3681 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:31 am

Kiyo3681

New sketch inspired by Kohei Horikoshi. I really like that in some of his sketches he draws an environment for his characters to do something like hanging out at a cafe or singing at a karaoke booth. I feel like in his sketches the background is just a background, its something the characters are a part of and interacting with. I did this sketch so I could think more about backgrounds and putting characters in without it feeling out of place.

Peteman22 wrote:Hey there, nice to see your keeping it at it. If I may, offer some feed back. One thing, don't worry about finished pieces! Doing line art and color, even flat color, can take a long time. And you can get a lot more drawing done in the time it takes to do it.

Secondly, particularly on your latest guy and the one with long black, the degree to which their rib cages overlap their middles is a bit, extreme maybe. I'm not sure quite how to correctly convey what I mean in words. I think Proko's figure drawing videos might help you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74HR59y ... Y9Fbw_d2ws

But keep up the good work!

Thanks. I do a lot of rough sketches, but I want to practice doing final line art and color so that they don't lag behind my sketches.

Kittycat2017 wrote:Hey man cool stuff!
I really like the soul eater ones~ <3

Thank you. I really like those too. I should probably do some more for fun.
2017 11 6.png

Postby Kiyo3681 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:41 am

Kiyo3681

Some more sketches. I'm just drawing things I find interesting. First sketch somewhat a study of the character Gangplank from League of Legends. Second sketch is just a face I drew randomly.
2017 11 22.jpg
2017 11 28.jpg

Postby Kiyo3681 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:20 pm

Kiyo3681

Here are a couple of sketches I did trying to learn the shapes of the body. I'm not focusing on proportion as much as I am trying to figure out how things look at different angles.
2017 12 18.png

Postby geryes » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:26 pm

geryes

Nice stuff! One thing I would suggest is to try and practice reducing the amount of scratchy lines you make when you sketch. The less lines there are the easier it is for you to see true line that you want to draw at the end. Don't be afraid to use the eraser/rubber because it's your friend and so are we :). Keep up the great work!
I too mainly draw girls.
Sketchbook
Deviantart

Postby Kiyo3681 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:17 am

Kiyo3681

Been a while since I last posted. I've been playing Fate/Grand Order recently so here's some fanart.
2018 02 03-2.png
2018 03 16_Final.jpg

Postby Kiyo3681 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:32 am

Kiyo3681

Apologies for necroing this thread. I haven't been able to draw worth posting because of life getting in the way. Short explanation of this drawing; There was a trend awhile few months back where people would take random servants from Fate/Grand Order and draw them with swapped outfits. Here's my attempt at it. Its Arash and Shakespeare

Edit: Here's the imgur link encase the image doesn't show up on the post. https://imgur.com/PWvj37R

Postby Polymath » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:40 pm

Polymath

Hey, i know soul eater too! I admire the opening theme, it combined spooky-graveyard-iness with being unique and catchy.
what I noticed with that anime, you can very clearly see the template that the mangaka used both for his characters and for all the chapters he came up with; you can even see it a little too much.

just as a sidenote.

also your perspective practice where people are sitting in a café is really good!

Postby Kiyo3681 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 3:49 am

Kiyo3681

I started using the 3D models on Clip Studio as a experiment. They're a bit tedious to pose, but I do feel that they help me think in 3D while I draw.

Polymath wrote:Hey, i know soul eater too! I admire the opening theme, it combined spooky-graveyard-iness with being unique and catchy.
what I noticed with that anime, you can very clearly see the template that the mangaka used both for his characters and for all the chapters he came up with; you can even see it a little too much.

just as a sidenote.

also your perspective practice where people are sitting in a café is really good!

Maybe in the anime they look kind of the same, but in the manga I feel that for the most part they look distinctly different. When I study anime I don't actually study anime and instead opt for manga. I feel that in anime they have to standardize the character designs to make it easier for the animators and it sort of looses some of the charm of the original work. And thank you for your feedback on the cafe drawing. I really should try and do more of perspective stuff like it.
2019 04 21.png

Postby jobenjo » Fri May 24, 2019 1:14 pm

jobenjo

You've got a very comic book / manga shading style which I like, I wish you the best with your progress!
Hope you're having fun drawing, or whatever it is ya do!
My Sketchbook is here: viewtopic.php?t=79758

Previous

Return to Sketchbook