Page 1 of 2

Chen's sketchbook ★

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:00 pm
by chenrsf
Hey everyone~! This is my first time in this forum.

I'm not nearly as good as the others here, but I'm hoping to improve as much as I can.
In the past few months I started taking drawing more seriously (I've been drawing here and there, mostly portraits and occasionally digital anime style art), but lately I began making it a habit to draw everyday.
In the past few weeks I started doing some figure/gesture drawing and following the Proko playlist on YouTube. I'm still pretty bad at anatomy, but I'm trying to improve.

Now for the art-
EDIT I used links cause the picture turn out too big when I put them here :P
quick sketch from a few weeks ago, trying to combine anime and realistic style:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2FXwU5XcAIiZcP.jpg:large
A drawing I finished today using Copic Markers, tried doing an original character for once since I always do fanart :P : (looking at it now I can see the arms are perhaps too short)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C2-BpGvXAAE30ES.jpg:large

My sketchbook and stuff :P

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:14 am
by KeaneFox
Welcome to the forum! Don't worry about how good the other artists . Try to be inspired by them to improve.
I like your original character. You are on a good path. Just a little work on proportion and anatomy.
Keep drawing and have fun.

Make your pic under !000 Height and width if you want to post them here

My sketchbook and stuff :P

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:32 am
by aikoonodera
I second KeaneFox--others talents can and will inspire you, I promise. It also helps when they're critiquing you (although, don't be afraid to listen to people "below" your skill level or who focus on other skill sets, they can still be FANTASTIC for insight as to where you need to improve).

Welcome to the forum!

My sketchbook and stuff :P

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:41 am
by Shishi02
heya, I love your works. Dont worry about others too do you progression in your own pace and someone (hopefully the paid client) will come and get to talk to ya about your works. everyone will have that path eventually.

My sketchbook and stuff :P

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:16 pm
by chenrsf
KeaneFox wrote:Welcome to the forum! Don't worry about how good the other artists . Try to be inspired by them to improve.
I like your original character. You are on a good path. Just a little work on proportion and anatomy.
Keep drawing and have fun.

Make your pic under !000 Height and width if you want to post them here



Thank you! Would try my best to improve :)

aikoonodera wrote:I second KeaneFox--others talents can and will inspire you, I promise. It also helps when they're critiquing you (although, don't be afraid to listen to people "below" your skill level or who focus on other skill sets, they can still be FANTASTIC for insight as to where you need to improve).

Welcome to the forum!


They do actually, and I would try to make the best that I can out of critiques :P

Shishi02 wrote:heya, I love your works. Dont worry about others too do you progression in your own pace and someone (hopefully the paid client) will come and get to talk to ya about your works. everyone will have that path eventually.


Thank you! Glad you like them.
Well I am still young so I guess I got a long way to go :P

_____________________________________

Today I did some poses from imagination, trying to exaggerate things in some of the poses ( I do daily figure drawing though too). It was pretty hard not using a reference but I'll just try to keep at it.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3Cc_rwXUAIy1mK.jpg:large

Random page from my hand practices
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3CdJtsWQAIDnq1.jpg:large

My sketchbook and stuff :P

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:15 pm
by chenrsf
A sketch I did in class :
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3GJyn-WYAA ... name=large


Idk how to make my pics smaller to put them here ;_;

My sketchbook and stuff :P

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:20 pm
by Koźlik
Hey! Nice sketchbook, I like your works :)
And yeah, don't worry about comparing yourself to others and just keep on going ^^

I can recommend good software to change size of your images. I'm personally using Fotosizer, which is free and pretty cool.

My sketchbook and stuff :P

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:40 pm
by chenrsf
Koźlik wrote:Hey! Nice sketchbook, I like your works :)
And yeah, don't worry about comparing yourself to others and just keep on going ^^

I can recommend good software to change size of your images. I'm personally using Fotosizer, which is free and pretty cool.


thank you!! :D glad you like it
and yeah I'll do that

_________________

I finished this lineart today~

My sketchbook and stuff :P

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:31 am
by Valkhira
Hey, welcome to the forum!
That lineart is very nice, I like it ^^ Cool eyes.

My sketchbook and stuff :P

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 9:25 pm
by chenrsf
Valkhira wrote:Hey, welcome to the forum!
That lineart is very nice, I like it ^^ Cool eyes.


Thank you! Glad you like it ^,^

_________________

finished coloring it (I think so haha)

My sketchbook and stuff :P

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:07 pm
by chenrsf
A drawing I just finished. I feel though that lately I stopped improving :P if you have any tips on what I can work on, feel free to let me know ^^

My sketchbook and stuff :P

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:39 pm
by Telepurte
Looks nice! I'd be careful with the way the stockings bend, because they're not following the form of the leg and it looks pretty wierd.
If you want to challenge yourself I'd say you could try a different pose or incorporate some form studying into your stuff

Otherwise, just keep drawing because when you draw something over again, you can do it better, or faster, and you can fix mistakes.

My sketchbook and stuff :P

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:49 am
by chenrsf
Telepurte wrote:Looks nice! I'd be careful with the way the stockings bend, because they're not following the form of the leg and it looks pretty wierd.
If you want to challenge yourself I'd say you could try a different pose or incorporate some form studying into your stuff

Otherwise, just keep drawing because when you draw something over again, you can do it better, or faster, and you can fix mistakes.


Thanks!! I'll try to work on that. ^^

_________________________________
I'm planning on buying a new tablet considering mine is 12399754290 years old, any suggestions?

Seven from Mystic Messanger using Copic markers:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3ra5TgXAAARHai.jpg:large
Drawing of Taemin: haven't done realistic stuff for a while so I'm a bit rusty :P
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C3sYIBYUYAA0x-V.jpg:large

My sketchbook and stuff :P

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:51 pm
by chenrsf
Haven't been here for a while...
Just bought a new tablet so decided to try it out :P

My sketchbook and stuff :P

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:59 pm
by chenrsf
Something I did today :P

My sketchbook and stuff :P

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:12 pm
by Koźlik
The last piece is pretty, I like her clothes ^^
I'd keep an eye on the size of the eyes when you draw them. They're pretty but sometimes they look a bit too big, if you consider the whole eyeball :0
Besideso f that your stuff is lovely ^^

My sketchbook and stuff :P

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:22 pm
by chenrsf
Koźlik wrote:The last piece is pretty, I like her clothes ^^
I'd keep an eye on the size of the eyes when you draw them. They're pretty but sometimes they look a bit too big, if you consider the whole eyeball :0
Besideso f that your stuff is lovely ^^


Thank you! I'll keep an eye on that x3

My sketchbook and stuff :P

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:55 am
by chenrsf
Working on a new drawing. Lineart-
Image
Colored version (not finished)
Image

Chen's sketchbook ★

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:41 pm
by chenrsf
Very rough sketch of a character I made.

Chen's sketchbook ★

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:25 pm
by chenrsf
been working on my anatomy more, but of course I still got a lot to improve on.

got 3.jpg
tried doing a background which is something I rarely do

mec girl 2.jpg
random character I made

study girl 2.jpg
used a reference picture but changed some things

Chen's sketchbook ★

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:07 am
by KeaneFox
Anatomy look good to me, but i feel like you don't know what to do with the arms. You draw the arms limp down, straight to the sides. In some of them one arm slightly raised. it becomes very notable when most of your drawing like that. I think Its not a big problem, just give the arms and hands something to do.
Please don't be discouraged because i love your style.

Chen's sketchbook ★

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:07 am
by chenrsf
Thank you :) I haven't really noticed that but I'll definitely start working on giving the hands/arms different poses ^^
.albumtemp.JPG
(sorry for the low quality )Just trying to get used to working with colors since I have been primarily sketching over the past few months

Better quality: https://instagram.com/p/BXlMWA1nqVW/

Chen's sketchbook ★

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:09 pm
by chenrsf
did this a few days ago, but been having an art block for the past few days :P

Chen's sketchbook ★

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:30 am
by chenrsf
Trying to work on backgrounds but still pretty to new to them :P

Chen's sketchbook ★

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:32 pm
by maly_
the blonde one from game of thrones, is very pretty! well done (not only on that one but all)