Page 1 of 2

Fernanda's Sketchbook

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:22 am
by MichoJarocho
Well, I've been feeling that my art has gotten to a point where is stuck so I thought that this sketchbook would help me a lot to regain my creativity and confidence!

Okay, so I'll start by showing you guys a little bit of my art journey.

angel_onew_by_perezperez22-d4v0cxf.jpg
This is one of my very first attempts at drawing digitally. At that time, I only knew how to draw really bad anime, I guess?


drabble_by_perezperez22-d5wr7yi.png.jpeg
What seemed a hobby at first, became something really important to me. Actually, I got really into digital paintings and realism...so I started doing some studies on portraits.


p11_by_perezperez22-d6mju3j.png.jpeg
More portraits...


happy_birthday_iu__by_perezperez22-d7i28pf.png.jpeg
....and more portraits!


487c406ba684a12828512dbbb8bbdf03-d7ggkcc.png.jpeg
Oh, and I also started studying landscapes. This is a picture of my mom's hometown.


spring_warrior_by_perezperez22-d86kihm.png.jpeg
After studying lots of anatomy and color, I finally started creating more complex stuff.


chandelier_by_perezperez22-d7xgj5h.png-2.jpeg
...Chandelier by Sia was really popular at that time and it was always stuck in my head! So I did this picture...


studies_by_perezperez22-d81lojx.png.jpeg
Aaaand....more portraits...actually I was trying to get values and features right.


12342750_10153857485821385_934785860558138203_n.jpg
this is one of my sketchbook doodles


12829181_10154069266561385_4268492834994122213_o.jpg
studies, studies....


13692846_10154425932761385_779104563545996522_o.jpg
Right now I'm trying to find my own style.


13062981_10154196500541385_30160759720698567_o.jpg
This was based on the Yandere Sim game...


15440478_10154886635916385_3963675461850319461_o-2.jpg
This is basically the same concept...


13731991_10154446076396385_6344443684372643903_o.jpg
This is my latest portrait study


Because of school, I didn't make much of a progress this year but I promise I'll upload simple pieces daily. Please tell me what you think about my art! Your opinion would mean a lot to me! :) thanks for going through all this post

Fernanda's Sketchbook

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:22 pm
by Fergato
Hello there and welcome to the forums!
You have come to the right place to improve. This is a nice community with a lot of very talented artists who can assist you when you're stuck.
I like your paintings, that sunset is beautiful.

Keep up the good work!

Fernanda's Sketchbook

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:39 pm
by geryes
Very nice looking sketchbook so far. My favorite is the little angel girl in the beginning. I also like your sense of values and your portraits too, and your concepts are really interesting. welcome to the forum and can't wait to see more. :D

Fernanda's Sketchbook

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:59 am
by MichoJarocho
Fergato wrote:Hello there and welcome to the forums!
You have come to the right place to improve. This is a nice community with a lot of very talented artists who can assist you when you're stuck.
I like your paintings, that sunset is beautiful.

Keep up the good work!


Thanks a lot! I'm super excited just by looking at all these awesome artists here in the forum :D I'm going to be working hard for sure. I've seen your art, by the way...and it's great! Those dinosaurs were fantastic! I'll make sure to stop by and leave a comment on your sketchbook later :)

Fernanda's Sketchbook

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:01 am
by MichoJarocho
geryes wrote:Very nice looking sketchbook so far. My favorite is the little angel girl in the beginning. I also like your sense of values and your portraits too, and your concepts are really interesting. welcome to the forum and can't wait to see more. :D


Thanks :) I'm glad that you liked them, my art usually has really dark concepts but I like color in them...does that even make sense? haha I don't know but thanks again!

Fernanda's Sketchbook

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:06 am
by MichoJarocho
A friend gave me the prompt "egg girl" and this is what came out. I wanted to practice dynamic poses and color :P

P2.jpg

Fernanda's Sketchbook

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:06 pm
by Fergato
MichoJarocho wrote:
Fergato wrote:Hello there and welcome to the forums!
You have come to the right place to improve. This is a nice community with a lot of very talented artists who can assist you when you're stuck.
I like your paintings, that sunset is beautiful.

Keep up the good work!


Thanks a lot! I'm super excited just by looking at all these awesome artists here in the forum :D I'm going to be working hard for sure. I've seen your art, by the way...and it's great! Those dinosaurs were fantastic! I'll make sure to stop by and leave a comment on your sketchbook later :)

There are lots of great artists indeed!
I'm glad you liked my work, I don't! :lol:
And, I'd like to leave a comment on your egg-girl. Despite the pose, which it's great and well executed. I think the skirt shouldn't go down between her legs, and it should go up, like her hair, after all she's falling. :D Hope it helps.
Will you take that drawing further?

Fernanda's Sketchbook

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:38 am
by MichoJarocho
Fergato wrote:There are lots of great artists indeed!
I'm glad you liked my work, I don't! :lol:
And, I'd like to leave a comment on your egg-girl. Despite the pose, which it's great and well executed. I think the skirt shouldn't go down between her legs, and it should go up, like her hair, after all she's falling. :D Hope it helps.
Will you take that drawing further?


I thought about that but I don't know how to fix it since making the skirt go up would ruin the composition. The focal point would be on the lower part instead of the face...ughh I don't know this drawing stresses me so much that I might just leave it like this :x

Fernanda's Sketchbook

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:43 am
by MichoJarocho
Since it's Christmas and I loooove Dr. Seuss' style, I did The Grinch for a simple Christmas card.

P3.jpg

Fernanda's Sketchbook

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:12 am
by MichoJarocho
I did a quick study of Jacques Louis David...
p4.jpg

Fernanda's Sketchbook

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:18 pm
by Fergato
MichoJarocho wrote:
Fergato wrote:There are lots of great artists indeed!
I'm glad you liked my work, I don't! :lol:
And, I'd like to leave a comment on your egg-girl. Despite the pose, which it's great and well executed. I think the skirt shouldn't go down between her legs, and it should go up, like her hair, after all she's falling. :D Hope it helps.
Will you take that drawing further?


I thought about that but I don't know how to fix it since making the skirt go up would ruin the composition. The focal point would be on the lower part instead of the face...ughh I don't know this drawing stresses me so much that I might just leave it like this :x

Meery christmas to you! (Although I'm an atheist, but... who cares? :lol: )
Now, going back to this topic, maybe you can move her right leg up to cover her and that way you don't miss the focal point and at the same time you don't break the movement with that little but big detail. :)

Fernanda's Sketchbook

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:07 am
by MichoJarocho
doing some more experiments with the egg girl...not satisfied tho. I still need to do lots of practices w/color. Any good resources you recommend?

Fernanda's Sketchbook

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:09 am
by MichoJarocho
Fergato wrote:
MichoJarocho wrote:
Fergato wrote:There are lots of great artists indeed!
I'm glad you liked my work, I don't! :lol:
And, I'd like to leave a comment on your egg-girl. Despite the pose, which it's great and well executed. I think the skirt shouldn't go down between her legs, and it should go up, like her hair, after all she's falling. :D Hope it helps.
Will you take that drawing further?


I thought about that but I don't know how to fix it since making the skirt go up would ruin the composition. The focal point would be on the lower part instead of the face...ughh I don't know this drawing stresses me so much that I might just leave it like this :x

Meery christmas to you! (Although I'm an atheist, but... who cares? :lol: )
Now, going back to this topic, maybe you can move her right leg up to cover her and that way you don't miss the focal point and at the same time you don't break the movement with that little but big detail. :)


Oh, that's a great idea...I might try it later :D happy new year btw!

Fernanda's Sketchbook

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:30 pm
by rafagarcia
veo mucho potencial aqui..sigue asi!! :)

Fernanda's Sketchbook

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:23 pm
by MichoJarocho
rafagarcia wrote:veo mucho potencial aqui..sigue asi!! :)


gracias!! y bienvenido al foro! Espero que te la pases súper bien y que conozcas a bastante gente en este comunidad :) Al rato me paso por tu sketchbook

Fernanda's Sketchbook

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:46 pm
by MichoJarocho
Quick poses (15'' to 2 min poses.)

Fernanda's Sketchbook

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:55 pm
by MichoJarocho
more figure drawing :DD I think I'm finding myself again, I forgot how good this made me feel...

Fernanda's Sketchbook

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:21 pm
by Exilious
I love your sketchbook! The colors in your studies are well meshed together, and really appealing to the eye. And I even more love the fact that you speak Spanish! He estado aprendiendo español por cuantos meses. Puedo leer en español, escribir (en general), y hablar (un poco). Sin embargo, no puedo entender español cuando lo oigo. XD

Fernanda's Sketchbook

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:03 am
by MichoJarocho
I just saw "Sing Street" and I totally loved it so I decided to draw a portrait of the girl...still not sure if it looks like her but I had lots of fun drawing this piece!
Captura de pantalla 2017-01-05 a la(s) 23.52.28.png

Fernanda's Sketchbook

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:11 am
by MichoJarocho
Exilious wrote:I love your sketchbook! The colors in your studies are well meshed together, and really appealing to the eye. And I even more love the fact that you speak Spanish! He estado aprendiendo español por cuantos meses. Puedo leer en español, escribir (en general), y hablar (un poco). Sin embargo, no puedo entender español cuando lo oigo. XD


Thank you very much! ¡Gracias! Aun me cuesta trabajo el color, pero estoy estudiando mucho! Y podemos practicar español aquí en el foro jaja!

Fernanda's Sketchbook

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:16 am
by zen
Hey there! .Your work has some sort of melancholic mood with combination of asian stuff which im in love with also. Love your work keep it up!

Fernanda's Sketchbook

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 7:33 am
by MichoJarocho
zen wrote:Hey there! .Your work has some sort of melancholic mood with combination of asian stuff which im in love with also. Love your work keep it up!


Hi! Thanks! And yeah, actually I don't know why but I find asians really aesthetic so I started getting attached with this style but I'm trying to broaden my horizons haha :P

Fernanda's Sketchbook

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:15 am
by MichoJarocho
I want to get used to post at least this gesture practice daily...

p10.jpg

Fernanda's Sketchbook

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:32 pm
by MichoJarocho
A witch for today ;)) kind of want to get into the cartoon field...

Fernanda's Sketchbook

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:44 am
by Kyoobies
I love the way you did the lineart, especially on the legs. ^^