Start your own sketchbook thread! Finished works or works in progress, it doesn't matter, this is just for you to show the artwork you've been working on.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Shishi02 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:20 pm

Shishi02

Subject title: Shishi02's sketchbook

December:
Spoiler: show
Hi I made this sketchbook for the purpose of improving myself and do hobby stuff with it. With the guide of DarkLored, I posted a summary of my drawing progression before I pursue the proper way of drawing the art fundamentals.

I am still looking for art friends and mentors (guiders) to talk to in Skype. Don't worry I wont bite. My schedule might change from next year depending what fate I am going to have in the next year -Dec Week 1
December Week 2: Hi, Welcome to my journey. I know I am an newbie but it doesn't mean I give up searching for my style. At this time, anime chibi and (my undisciplined version of full body style) anime are my only styles. I am planning to keep my anime style mainly for creating new characters, stories and such and transition them to realistic then hopefully my style. I currently met people and mentors in Discord and Skype but it doesn't mean I wont meet new people in Sycra. Don't be shy and talk to me anytime in this sketchbook for feedback about my progress and stuff.

I don't update my stuff everyday but every other or few days and see if I did learn something.

Hi, I stopped posting for a while now but I have updates on my drawings. - 25 Jan 2017

My Art before learning Art fundamentals:
Spoiler: show
my image is too big apparently
Notes: my hand and feet drawing are very very basic. I cant imagine them without reference when the pose or angle is difficult. My whole body anatomy may not be accurate, I did my best really.
Last edited by Shishi02 on Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:07 am, edited 4 times in total.

Postby Shishi02 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 1:26 am

Shishi02

lines and archs - link
circles link

i think my circles are okay but I will give it a week if it improves
lines definitely needs improvement. arches are okay.

Postby Shishi02 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:00 am

Shishi02

Lines are improving said my friend. this is my day4/1week lines:
lines
arrow lines for perspective

Postby Shishi02 » Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:39 am

Shishi02

Week 2 Day 2: I finished my lines but I don't feel anything significant change. maybe just to focus on my posture and on the right spot to draw.

I am doing shapes with mixture of combination of shapes (human figure) and get to know it through Nsio (and maybe more reference) tutorials.

I did some gesture drawings in the background.

I have decided to exercise creativity in my drawings. I did it in chibi anime style on studying different hair styles.

shapes and human figure
gesture drawing (human stick figure)
I will separate creativity in a new sheet of paper next time.

The shapes and figures are in early stage of improvement yet. Theres nothing significant change when I did this.

Postby AlwaysARookie » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:34 am

AlwaysARookie

Hi Shishi :)

as for the lines I think it could help to have a look at drawabox (again I think you already know it) because it might be easier the way he explains line practice. For example you did some really long lines which is way harder to get right than shorter ones. And yes it takes time because your hand eye coordination needs to adjust and you can continue to do simple excercises like drawing straight lines, circles, ellipses and that kind of stuff as warm up. Unfortunately I can't say anything about the rest yet but hopefully in the future. Keep going :)
Always open for critique and hangouts (or similar apps).

Sketchbook

Postby geryes » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:43 pm

geryes

Hi there!

Welcome to the forum. Nice looking sketchbook so far. You are definitely doing nice clean confident lines. which is great that you are practicing that first. Also gotta give you props for practicing in pen as well. Keep up the great work.

as far as sizing images for this site. I usually upload things to imgur.com and they have an option to resize the image. The site restricts you to an image that is maximum 1000px high. hope this helps and keep posting :D
I too mainly draw girls.
Sketchbook
Deviantart

Postby Shishi02 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:09 am

Shishi02

AlwaysARookie wrote:Hi Shishi :)

as for the lines I think it could help to have a look at drawabox (again I think you already know it) because it might be easier the way he explains line practice. For example you did some really long lines which is way harder to get right than shorter ones. And yes it takes time because your hand eye coordination needs to adjust and you can continue to do simple excercises like drawing straight lines, circles, ellipses and that kind of stuff as warm up. Unfortunately I can't say anything about the rest yet but hopefully in the future. Keep going :)

Hi there thanks for the feedback. I did some of drawabox site stuff in there. i drew lines eclipses and boxes from it. its quite a good site.

geryes wrote:Hi there!

Welcome to the forum. Nice looking sketchbook so far. You are definitely doing nice clean confident lines. which is great that you are practicing that first. Also gotta give you props for practicing in pen as well. Keep up the great work.

as far as sizing images for this site. I usually upload things to imgur.com and they have an option to resize the image. The site restricts you to an image that is maximum 1000px high. hope this helps and keep posting :D
Thanks for posting and welcome. My lines are okay but I still do practise them as warm up before im doing anything else. imgur is a good idea although I dont want to flood the thread with big pictures. maybe when I got a tablet I can control the size of the photo.

----
Week 2 Day 4:
I started to draw gesture drawings two days ago and with some feedback, I changed my gesture drawings into following references. Please tell me if I am doing alright or do I need to change it. I know some of my figures aren't proportionally correct but I did my best to make it near copy of the reference.

25/250 boxes 1
Gesture 2
Gesture 3
Gesture 4

Postby Shishi02 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:08 am

Shishi02

Postby strudelsandwich » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:45 am

strudelsandwich

Hey Shishi :D
Your studies are going good so far, it's keeping it up is what is the biggest struggle for all of us, I think.
The drawabox box challenge really helped me with cubic forms in space, so I recommend keep doing it and move on to the tubes challenge, and draw more boxes even afterwards.

Postby Shishi02 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:37 am

Shishi02

strudelsandwich wrote:Hey Shishi :D
Your studies are going good so far, it's keeping it up is what is the biggest struggle for all of us, I think.
The drawabox box challenge really helped me with cubic forms in space, so I recommend keep doing it and move on to the tubes challenge, and draw more boxes even afterwards.

I think I will be learning perspective tomorrow. Yeah I need to learn more on form so I can do more things like figure perspective, vehicles, buildings etc.

Return to Sketchbook