Start your own sketchbook thread! Finished works or works in progress, it doesn't matter, this is just for you to show the artwork you've been working on.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby NesoKaiyoH » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:12 pm

NesoKaiyoH

Subject title: Tsai Leehua's Sketchbook

Love the chromatic aberration on that last piece, I love when art has that XD Love the tattoo girl, that's going to look so good when it's finished.
20 - F - Student - Future concept artist and manga illustrator!

My Sketchbook: viewtopic.php?t=11533
My deviantART: http://nesokaiyoh.deviantart.com
My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/digitalartistrachelwalpole
My ArtStation: http://www.artstation.com/artist/nesokaiyoh

Postby Fergato » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:32 pm

Fergato

tsai.leehua wrote:So originally I was doing this to just make a tattoo... but then I got tired of it and moved to the face and stopped lol. Thought it was still interesting so thought I'd post it!

Nice painting dude!
Our learning path never ends... Keep practicing.

My Instagram.

Postby Porter » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:17 pm

Porter

tsai.leehua wrote:
wartynewt wrote:Wow nice! who are you studying?

No one specific, some are from music videos I was watching like the portrait of the male above and others from my favorite on my DA account like kyzylhum.

GoggleFace wrote:LeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHUA, real nice stuff you got here

Thanks! I'm sooo glad you like :D

PeterPepperPP wrote:AAAAAwwesome stuff! - Really like your style ;)
Sadly I wasn't ever into this anime/manga stuff :/

lol in some ways I'm glad your not, it takes all kinds to make amazing things! I'm glad you still enjoy what I've done though, means a lot!

Here's something I did in our last two hangouts!

THE LINES LOOK SOO CLEAN FOR ONCE...

Cool Paintings
Until you see it up close lol.

Hope you guys like, this took a looooot of effort for me to come anywhere near finishing >_<.

Oh and for those who recognize it... THE EVIL BUNNY IS BACK!!!!!

p.s. Thanks Kevin Alex, Naomi, and Peter for your help with legs, chest, hips, and eyes!!! Much appreciated!
Oh and Kevin, how do you feel about the granny outfit now? :P
Simple realities of a natural Artist

Postby Porter » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:18 pm

Porter

cool paintings
Simple realities of a natural Artist

Postby tsai.leehua » Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:28 am

tsai.leehua

Thanks guys!

mf_dungeon_fighter_female_gunner_by_tsaileehua-d8cbeq4.png

So I'm calling this M/F for Master Study Fan Art lol.

I actually screen captured part of this! I'm a little disappointed though because my laptop's HDMI to DVI-D adapter for my Cintiq failed on me so I had to use my desktop, which is very unreliable atm :(. It crashed multiple times throughout the process which resulted in lost video of the sketching process and painting of the hair. But at least it's still something! Here's the link to the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBUGWNw ... e=youtu.be

Hope you guys like!

Postby tsai.leehua » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:52 am

tsai.leehua

There was still more stuff I wanted to finish on this but I can't spend anymore time on it. So here it is, hope you guys like!

P.S. Special revolver that fires it's shells out somehow lol

Made a video!Here's the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSoiQRZI29Q
DA gunner22.png

Postby SketchStudio » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:53 am

SketchStudio

Howcome this is my first time seeing this sketchbook?!?! 0_o Your stuff is amazing!!

Postby RukuKabe » Sun Jan 11, 2015 11:11 am

RukuKabe

Tsai!!! I keep forgetting I'm facebook friends with a lot of people from the Sycra community! I'm gonna actually keep up with your stuff now that I can check on it without digging through Facebook! T_T

Awesome stuff, I love your color choices. For some reason evertime I look at your work I'm reminded of Blade and Soul. o.o

You're anatomy and poses are incredible! And I love love love LOVE the color palettes you use.

I would love to see a few of these sketches refined a little bit more, because they could turn out really cool!

And if I had one thing to say, it'd be aim for even more dynamicness in the poses. Throwing in some extra perspective, foreshortening, etc.

Awesome stuff as always! Can't wait to see more! Keep it up! :D
“何か良いことでもあったのかい。”
−忍野メメ、傷物語

Postby NesoKaiyoH » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:12 pm

NesoKaiyoH

Some more great looking stuff here again XD I love the way you paint hair O:
20 - F - Student - Future concept artist and manga illustrator!

My Sketchbook: viewtopic.php?t=11533
My deviantART: http://nesokaiyoh.deviantart.com
My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/digitalartistrachelwalpole
My ArtStation: http://www.artstation.com/artist/nesokaiyoh

Postby sanguine » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:52 pm

sanguine

I'm not entirely sure how it's possible that I haven't commented here yet.. your artwork is amazing!! I love the way you paint and your style is adorable!! I love this download/file.php?id=25091

Postby tsai.leehua » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:59 pm

tsai.leehua

SketchStudio wrote:Howcome this is my first time seeing this sketchbook?!?! 0_o Your stuff is amazing!!

Probably cuz I'm not that active lol. Keep telling myself to do something daily but once a week seems to be the best I can do... and normally not even that :'(. Really glad you like it though! Makes this weeks work pay off :D

RukuKabe wrote:Tsai!!! I keep forgetting I'm facebook friends with a lot of people from the Sycra community! I'm gonna actually keep up with your stuff now that I can check on it without digging through Facebook! T_T

Awesome stuff, I love your color choices. For some reason evertime I look at your work I'm reminded of Blade and Soul. o.o

You're anatomy and poses are incredible! And I love love love LOVE the color palettes you use.

I would love to see a few of these sketches refined a little bit more, because they could turn out really cool!

And if I had one thing to say, it'd be aim for even more dynamicness in the poses. Throwing in some extra perspective, foreshortening, etc.

Awesome stuff as always! Can't wait to see more! Keep it up! :D

-Yeah I find it hard to always find peoples stuff in the wall of information on FB as well. I like DA much more.
-As for blade and soul... it should, HTK is my #1 artist lol. And Korean art is my favorite style :D
-Glad you like the pose and colors :) (pose from this one comes from http://senshistock.deviantart.com/art/H ... -295351739)
-I have a hard time going back to old sketches but someday when I don't know what to do I might make use of them! :) Glad you like them though, makes me consider using them more lol
-Yeah I was talking to a friend about my compositions in general. He was also wanting to see more then just a character showcase lol. Which I understand but they way I've been trying to study lately hasn't really lead me there yet O.o. But I agree I think it would make them more interesting so I'll see what I can do :D
-Glad you like, and glad you stopped by to check it out again! :)

NesoKaiyoH wrote:Some more great looking stuff here again XD I love the way you paint hair O:

Thank you! Yeah HTK and Korean art in general have, IMO, one of the best ways to illustrate hair in this genre. Which is where I draw inspiration :)

sanguine wrote:I'm not entirely sure how it's possible that I haven't commented here yet.. your artwork is amazing!! I love the way you paint and your style is adorable!! I love this download/file.php?id=25091

lol thanks so much, it always make me really happy to hear that! And as for Tracer... Cat ears FTW! ;)
Thanks for commenting! As I mentioned to SketchStudio, I'm not really that active so it's hard to find my stuff lol, but I'm glad you found something you like!

Postby z4m97 » Sun Jan 11, 2015 9:18 pm

z4m97

tsai.leehua wrote:Thanks for commenting! As I mentioned to SketchStudio, I'm not really that active so it's hard to find my stuff lol, but I'm glad you found something you like!

"hard"? tis freaking hard, ive just found it...you deserve more views literally D:

Postby tsai.leehua » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:35 am

tsai.leehua

lol I'm trying! Dunno much more to do than keep posting XD

VIDEO!:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya5-H3h ... 65FIEkBHVj
003 HTK DA2.png

Postby sanguine » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:06 pm

sanguine

I actually said "Oh my god" out loud when I looked at that most recent one. I love the design and the patterns!! And that worn, textured teal-colored metal is so cool looking... I'm going to try and emulate some of these things I'm so inspired ahh!! Great work!:)

Postby kaponsh » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:08 pm

kaponsh

wow your sketchbook is amazing! I love the designs :mrgreen:

Postby Ambiguity » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:07 pm

Ambiguity

Snap son, you're leveling up fast!

Postby plixik » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:29 pm

plixik

Sick work dude. Loving the polish.

Postby tsai.leehua » Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:49 pm

tsai.leehua

sanguine wrote:I actually said "Oh my god" out loud when I looked at that most recent one. I love the design and the patterns!! And that worn, textured teal-colored metal is so cool looking... I'm going to try and emulate some of these things I'm so inspired ahh!! Great work!:)

&#@$#%^%!!! lol that means so much man thank you! Glad you like the texture, first time I've done it this way myself lol. Took awhile to find the right one, metal was what I looked for first but that wasn't work out so well so I looked for granite. Still didn't work and then google had suggestions at the top of the search and there was marble... it WORKED! lol :) Though in hindsight it's funny if you think about someone wearing a marble suite of armor isn't it? lol

kaponsh wrote:wow your sketchbook is amazing! I love the designs :mrgreen:

Thanks! :)

Ambiguity wrote:Snap son, you're leveling up fast!

lol thanks, but I not really so sure about that :'(. My method of training has changed which brings better "final" results maybe but I still have a hard time just sketching the human figure without heavy reference and lots of time correcting my initial drawing. But I'm glad that others are finding the results appealing! Makes it much much more rewarding! :)

plixik wrote:Sick work dude. Loving the polish.

Thanks man! I really question whether I should really be taking things this far yet, cuz I still really lack some basics which is why it takes me forever to finish a piece like this lol. Glad you like though!

Here's a... sorta process image of the image! with a huge gap between step 2 and 3 lol. Sorry about that. These process images are really hard to make for me cuz I don't paint in awhile that I know how to easily breakdown without changing my "actual" process lol. Which is why I also made the videos since they go through it all, albeit fast but still all there o.O.
process2.jpg

Postby tsai.leehua » Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:35 pm

tsai.leehua

Yay finally finished! lol. Not sure I'll be able to do another for a few weeks since I got some work to do but at least this ones finished!

Adora from Magna Carta!

VIDEO!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnrE6R6 ... Vj&index=4
adorasycra.png

Postby Invectus » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:38 pm

Invectus

Hey mate, nice artworks! I really like the BNS styled drawings and the way you render them. Almost look like Hyung Tae Kim rendered them himself. Really, really amazing!

After looking through your sketchbook I got inspired to try and draw something BNS themed. Also tried to find some videos of BNS character designs on youtube and stumbled across your speedpaint, what a coincidence :D Yeah... I didn't noticed the link at first :lol:
✍️ Sketchbook ✍️ [I'm not very good, but I'm working on it]

Postby explosivedesign » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:03 am

explosivedesign

Amazing stuff Tsai!, But i would brush up on you blending and rendering of clothing and skin as i have saw some spots where they're weak and is putting off the rest of the painting, but studies will easily fix this problem, good luck and keep at it!
Im Alex, a Digital Artist Wanna'be

Sketchbook: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11305

Postby Jesturr » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:06 am

Jesturr

Wow! What an inspiring sketchbook! Expect me to visit this thread often :D

Postby tsai.leehua » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:45 am

tsai.leehua

Invectus wrote:Almost look like Hyung Tae Kim rendered them himself. Really, really amazing!

Thank you sooooo much! I know some people would hate having their work be so close but that's what these studies are for so I'm so glad to hear that. Master Study/Fan Art FTW!

Invectus wrote:After looking through your sketchbook I got inspired to try and draw something BNS themed.

Oh kewl! Would love to see some of your results! Didn't catch any in your sketchbook.

Invectus wrote: Also tried to find some videos of BNS character designs on youtube and stumbled across your speedpaint, what a coincidence :D Yeah... I didn't noticed the link at first :lol:

Ahhh!! maybe I should make the video tittle bigger... or redder XD lol. Glad you found it on youtube. Ambiguity helped me setup some of my youtube stuff so glad to see people are actually finding things now lol.

explosivedesign wrote:Amazing stuff Tsai!, But i would brush up on you blending and rendering of clothing and skin as i have saw some spots where they're weak and is putting off the rest of the painting, but studies will easily fix this problem, good luck and keep at it!

Thank you! And your totally right, that's why I'm actually doing these! To get me past just making sketches and trying to flesh out the full render. Though I would love to hear what "exactly" stood out to you for better guidance on where to improve! Help would very much be appreciated!

Jesturr wrote:Wow! What an inspiring sketchbook! Expect me to visit this thread often :D

Inspiring is such an overwhelming word for me to hear! I 'm so glad you think so and thanks for taking a look!

Postby Invectus » Wed Jan 28, 2015 10:00 am

Invectus

Bigger and redder...yeah that would certainly do the job nicely :D

As for the BNS stuff, it still on my to do list. I haven't finished my last piece. The rendering takes me so much time to do. Not very good at it yet. When I make something BNS related, I'll let you know. It would be fun to hear your opinion as I'm planning to use your speedpaints to learn the rendering process ;)

(My way of rendering was - painting everything on a single layer, making a lot of mistakes, repainting everything again, crewing up values and shadows all the time after trying to fix it, then looking at the drawing and realizing that I screwed up all the anatomy in process :lol: )
✍️ Sketchbook ✍️ [I'm not very good, but I'm working on it]

Postby Kaori90 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:04 pm

Kaori90

Whoa!!! Your sketchbook is incredible!! I wish I could paint digitally like you do!
Deviantart: http://milyxas90.deviantart.com/
Sorry for my bad English!

PreviousNext

Return to Sketchbook