Start your own sketchbook thread! Finished works or works in progress, it doesn't matter, this is just for you to show the artwork you've been working on.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby DRaff210 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:26 am

DRaff210

Subject title: DRaff210's Sketchbook

It's been a few months... time to fix that. 8-)

Portrait of a female prunus-type sylvan, which includes trees like cherries, peaches, and almonds.

peach blossom.png

Two of my characters; I've named them Benji and Mira. Passionflowers are crazy awesome.

benji and mira.png

Two of my more recurring characters, Roscoe (big guy) and Rudy (little guy). Both of them play a different type of lute; Roscoe plays the theorbo, and Rudy plays the oud.

lutenists.png

Something I painted for my mom for Mother's Day.

Happy Mother's Day - No Text.png

A pair of loose paintings for gay pride, both female and male versions. (The violets in the doe version are commonly called "lesbian flowers," and the calamus grass in the stag version represents male love.)

gay deer - does.png

gay deer - stags.png

Miscellaneous sketchbook things.

1.png

2.png

3.png

And finally, just a quick glance at some of the progress I've made. I still often feel super insecure about my art, but looking back on the progress I've made definitely makes me feel better. I think it's a good thing to do every now and again. :)

progress.png

Postby DRaff210 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:24 am

DRaff210

Roscoe holding a magic sunstone. I've been practicing methods of painting without relying on any blend modes (multiply, overlay, etc.) and I'm very happy with how this particular piece came out. :D I only used the hard round brush here, so it's basically devoid of texture, but I like the rough look in any case.

roscoe and sunstone.png

An adolescent male sylvan. Poor little guy's antlers don't seem to be growing in right.

sylvan kid.png

More of Roscoe; it was meant to be mostly painting practice, so I think his pose looks a little weird. But I think I've improved a good bit in two years, anyhow.

roscoe.png

roscoes.png

I also forgot to mention that I subscribed to Schoolism a few months ago. These paintings were the first assignment of Painting with Light and Color with Dice Tsutsumi and Robert Kondo; I'm really excited to learn more!

DR 1-1.jpg

DR 1-2.jpg

DR 1-3.jpg

DR 1-4.jpg

DR 1-5.jpg

Postby CelineLind » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:17 am

CelineLind

Really cool stuff!!

Postby Azy » Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:37 pm

Azy

Wow, the lighting you pulled off in those assignments are really impressive. Good work.

Previous

Return to Sketchbook