Start your own sketchbook thread! Finished works or works in progress, it doesn't matter, this is just for you to show the artwork you've been working on.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Total100 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:10 pm

Total100
Location: in my room. 1 laptop for video another laptop for forum. and a 1 sketchbook for drawing...

Subject title: (Total100's) moi sketchbook (reuploaded)

EDIT: I realized basicly half of my stuff is nekkid body builders lol. for people who dont know me yet im trying to learn anatomy. fast. so i have been studieing anatomy these past for months so you'll mostly see that. i do post other stuff though but mostly practice. you have been warned XD no but really i need the practice

my most recent update on art:
Spoiler: show
ImageImage

Hi! I'm alex but your can call me "total". i been drawing for around 2 years but that was doodles and such. a year ago i first got into manga and anime and just traced and copied stuff for about the rest of the year. this year. (2012) i first started to draw from memory and not tracing. that was about a half a year ago. so basicly half a year ago i started to draw without tracing. a month or so ago i joined the forum. and that was basicly when i got really into drawing. thanks to the forum my eyes opened up to the art world and now im trying really really hard to get better fast. my dream is to live in so low apartment drawing for a career :P i dont have a name for my style... a guess concept art or manga. its not really a style i just draw. i do realistic sometimes... i just draw and i dont want to put a label on my style.
so here is a dump of my drawings! most of them have been studies because i have been studying and not really doing full art.

Tue Dec 04, 2012 (joined)
Spoiler: show
superman + parkour = awesome
a doodle i did but i really liked it. yay for leaf paper. this was not a sketchbook thing but i liked it anyway.
quick study
another study (each was 30 seconds)
a drawing manga studio design.
action poses
a ninja. NOT MY POSE DESIGN. i just clothed and added effects such as motion blur.
darn thing got ripped from my sketchbook. still i like it. so i showed it.
rip
rip
aannnd another ripped page. these were all life drawing i did outside.
a fail page
another fail page
yay for anonymous
perspective
perspective redo
tried to make a face only out of black shadow. it worked
BBAMM!hero shot. i love this drawing.
3 of these are 100% mine the rest were a how to step by step. i just learnt to use it myself for other shapes to do it myself.
i saw a pompous anoyying dude yelling so i drew him.
scarecrow with a crow. seems legit
face. that is all.
yay for las vagas.

okay thats it. ill post more on this. stay tuned. cretueq (kreteek) (never really could spell that... ) is nice

thank!
Last edited by Total100 on Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:48 am, edited 14 times in total.
"Art is my cooking channel, i watch it, drool over it, and hope to one day make it."
I'm Alex, I'm 12,
Here is my sketchbook= viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2900 :)

Postby Lizard-sheep » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:50 pm

Lizard-sheep

Total100 wrote:Then the rest is blank. also ill stop spamming sketchy stuff if you guys want and will start putting in real good drawings.

I wouldn't worry about it, share what you want to share, I don't think there are any rules about posting in your sketchbook, I never found them anyway.
Except maybe the things that are common sense, like don't bump your thread with unrelated stuff.

Pretty nice start for a Sketchbook, the only problem I see is with your line but that's gonna fix itself the more you draw.
~ PROCRASTINATION! ~

Postby marvel57 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:49 pm

marvel57

Total a tip photograph from straight above, more accurate and proper ;) :ugeek:

Postby Total100 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:04 pm

Total100
Location: in my room. 1 laptop for video another laptop for forum. and a 1 sketchbook for drawing...

marvel57 wrote:Total a tip photograph from straight above, more accurate and proper ;) :ugeek:

okay. i got my hands on a scanner so ill be putting scanned images from now on
"Art is my cooking channel, i watch it, drool over it, and hope to one day make it."
I'm Alex, I'm 12,

Postby Total100 » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:05 pm

Total100

Lizard-sheep wrote:
Total100 wrote:Then the rest is blank. also ill stop spamming sketchy stuff if you guys want and will start putting in real good drawings.

I wouldn't worry about it, share what you want to share, I don't think there are any rules about posting in your sketchbook, I never found them anyway.
Except maybe the things that are common sense, like don't bump your thread with unrelated stuff.

Pretty nice start for a Sketchbook, the only problem I see is with your line but that's gonna fix itself the more you draw.

you mean the jagged short lines i do? if so then yea thats a bad habbit of mine.
lol thanks.
and just so it would be more interesting ill be posting more of my better stuff plus my okayish stuff
I'm Alex, I'm 12,

Postby Lizard-sheep » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:50 am

Lizard-sheep

Total100 wrote:you mean the jagged short lines i do? if so then yea thats a bad habbit of mine.

Everyone does it at some point, when I started out people told me my line wasn't confident enough, but I didn't know what that meant and thought I was doing something wrong haha
Just keep drawing a lot and you'll slowly get away from it more and more.
~ PROCRASTINATION! ~

Postby Total100 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:30 am

Total100

Lizard-sheep wrote:
Total100 wrote:you mean the jagged short lines i do? if so then yea thats a bad habbit of mine.

Everyone does it at some point, when I started out people told me my line wasn't confident enough, but I didn't know what that meant and thought I was doing something wrong haha
Just keep drawing a lot and you'll slowly get away from it more and more.

okay. i added more drawings btw! but yeah ill look next time when i draw, the thing is. none of the drawings that i so far posted show this but when i ink im really steady and can get cool curves and lines perfectly but i cant draw like that. only ink
I'm Alex, I'm 12,

Postby Nipponkage » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:48 am

Nipponkage

Hey total, I just want to say the drawing look great. Also, (I can remember if I already said this to you,but if you watch Sycras videos then you probably already know about it) I recommend http://www.pencilkings.com/. It's awesome. Although I think the lessons on facial feature are the best ones for us as beginners. I know you like to draw manga but this can still be helpful.

Postby Total100 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:18 pm

Total100

Nipponkage wrote:Hey total, I just want to say the drawing look great. Also, (I can remember if I already said this to you,but if you watch Sycras videos then you probably already know about it) I recommend http://www.pencilkings.com/. It's awesome. Although I think the lessons on facial feature are the best ones for us as beginners. I know you like to draw manga but this can still be helpful.

yeah i saw it and im thinking of buying it. thanks :)
I'm Alex, I'm 12,

Postby Nipponkage » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:36 pm

Nipponkage

Total100 wrote:
Nipponkage wrote:Hey total, I just want to say the drawing look great. Also, (I can remember if I already said this to you,but if you watch Sycras videos then you probably already know about it) I recommend http://www.pencilkings.com/. It's awesome. Although I think the lessons on facial feature are the best ones for us as beginners. I know you like to draw manga but this can still be helpful.

you don't need to buy most of Sycras. (well not the beginners).

Postby Total100 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:34 pm

Total100

Nipponkage wrote:
Total100 wrote:

you don't need to buy most of Sycras. (well not the beginners).

yeah thats good. ill have to look if he has a video on anatomy. im working really hard on learning it and i jsut cant get it ugh lol.
thanks for the link i hear of pencil kings but never bothered to go onto it. now i have :D
btw i just found another good site (free) called altpaint. do you know it?
I'm Alex, I'm 12,

Postby Zjacklee » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:49 pm

Zjacklee

If it's anatomy your looking for... then check out this guy's videos.

http://vectology.com/category/anatomy/
Look closely. Can you really See?!

http://zjacklee.deviantart.com/ that's my deviant. ^_^

https://www.facebook.com/Trplerainbow My fanpage.

Postby Total100 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:54 pm

Total100

UPDATE!
More poses lol
I am trying really to get used to drawing action poses.
These are the drawings I did today.
that is with the poses I did today. Plus one I did on a tablet :)

playing with proportions.

drawing my erasers. yayyy
I'm Alex, I'm 12,

Postby Nipponkage » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:10 pm

Nipponkage

Total100 wrote:UPDATE!
More poses lol
I am trying really to get used to drawing action poses.
These are the drawings I did today.
that is with the poses I did today. Plus one I did on a tablet :)

playing with proportions.

is the one on the lower right the actual rubber or is the the final drawing.

Postby Total100 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:45 pm

Total100

Nipponkage wrote:
Total100 wrote:UPDATE!

is the one on the lower right the actual rubber or is the the final drawing.

no the bottom right one was the real one that i scanned. its just so you can see what i was drawing
I'm Alex, I'm 12,

Postby Zjacklee » Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:54 pm

Zjacklee

Hey dude,

one little thing I have noticed from your sketches.
your humanoid characters don't have crotches. You might want to start making that area. Otherwise you end up with people having scissor legs.

Postby Total100 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:08 pm

Total100

Zjacklee wrote:Hey dude,

one little thing I have noticed from your sketches.
your humanoid characters don't have crotches. You might want to start making that area. Otherwise you end up with people having scissor legs.

haha of wow yeah i never noticed XD your right ill keep that in mind
I'm Alex, I'm 12,

Postby Total100 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:03 am

Total100

This week sucked art wise. still. i got some okay doodles.

practive for cell shading... it was okay. but the pants i couldnt get right.

playing with proportions but it just looks like it was drawn well haha :D i like it though. the background needs some work

sketchbook time!
fail haha this one was bad so i redid it.
i learnt the hands are 3 heads wide, thats cool!
fail poses
doodles
sketch idea :D the head is a bit stretched
my first watercolor full drawing! it looked WAY better when it was wet, but when it dried it looks like this. i should have not confused darker color with more dark water.

well thats it. :)
artist block hit hard but im fine haha XD
I'm Alex, I'm 12,

Postby marvel57 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:44 am

marvel57

Total - you're coming along nicely :ugeek:

Postby Total100 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:24 am

Total100

marvel57 wrote:Total - you're coming along nicely :ugeek:

thanks! it really means a lot : )
I'm Alex, I'm 12,

Postby Zjacklee » Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:54 am

Zjacklee

i should have not confused darker color with more dark water.

Hahahahaha :lol: , that was funny. xD

Postby Total100 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:41 am

Total100

Zjacklee wrote:
i should have not confused darker color with more dark water.

Hahahahaha :lol: , that was funny. xD

lol
I'm Alex, I'm 12,

Postby Total100 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:50 pm

Total100

i feel more motivated so i drew and uploaded a couple of drawings today :) and i still have half of a day to draw more haha.

i quickly colored this in. i like the look of sketchy color idk. i just do.
I'm Alex, I'm 12,

Postby Total100 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:06 pm

Total100

these where all draw on printer paper so thats why its not such a waist of space on each page.
this was mostly for practice and i hope i gained something. im still working on it though,
im trying to learn folds and how they work. form mass and so on.

Image0
Image1
now that i look at these again they all fail XD
Image2
a cool pose i did, im thinking of going on with it, also the legs i think are a bit long.
Image3
Image4
Image5
im not so happy with this one :/
Image6
Image7
Image8
Image9
Image10
the upper body is okay i think but the legs no as much.
also im learning the muscle names, its boring XD
Image11
Image12
Image13
Image14
Image15
Last edited by Total100 on Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm Alex, I'm 12,

Postby marvel57 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:12 pm

marvel57

Total-way to go! Good focused studies, keep working and you'll be fine :)

Next

Return to Sketchbook