Start your own sketchbook thread! Finished works or works in progress, it doesn't matter, this is just for you to show the artwork you've been working on.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

 

Postby Kam » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:58 pm

User avatar
  Kam
Posts: 686
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:08 pm

Subject title: Kam's sketchbook (NSFW)

studies:
Spoiler: show
IMG_3350.JPG
IMG_3351.JPG
IMG_3352.JPG
IMG_3353.JPG
IMG_3355.JPG
IMG_3400.JPG
IMG_3402.JPG
IMG_3412.JPG
IMG_3419.JPG
output_vazj6C.gif
IMG_3446.JPG
IMG_3450.JPG
IMG_3451.JPG
IMG_3456.JPG
IMG_3459.JPG
IMG_3472.JPG
IMG_3511.JPG
IMG_3517.JPG
IMG_3521.JPG
IMG_3528.JPG
IMG_3705.JPG
IMG_3707.JPG
IMG_3710.JPG
IMG_3716.JPG
IMG_3740.JPG

 

Postby Kam » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:09 am

User avatar
  Kam
Posts: 686
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:08 pm

rest of studies:
Spoiler: show
IMG_3743.JPG
IMG_3744.JPG
IMG_3766.JPG
IMG_3784.JPG
IMG_3788.JPG
IMG_3792.JPG
IMG_3793.JPG
IMG_3794.JPG
IMG_3795.JPG
IMG_3796.JPG


mechs for March of Robots:
Spoiler: show
IMG_E3461.JPG
OPQO3572.JPG
OLCL3453.JPG
IMG_E3512.JPG
IMG_E3524.JPG
1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
IMG_E3712.JPG
21.JPG
22.JPG
IMG_E3729.JPG
UJGK9409.JPG
XUPS0687.JPG
12.JPG

 

Postby Kam » Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:18 am

User avatar
  Kam
Posts: 686
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:08 pm

rest of mechs
Spoiler: show
13.JPG
IMG_E3763.JPG
LTDH9077.JPG


digital:
Spoiler: show
Nozomi.png
Nozomi full body.png
Nozomi nsfw.png
style practice.jpg
Katie.jpg
Violet.jpg
Marie.jpg
agitha.jpg


I made Twitter and Instagram accounts, if anyone wants to follow me here's the links:

https://twitter.com/flomeki

https://www.instagram.com/flomekii/

 

Postby Kam » Mon May 20, 2019 5:46 pm

User avatar
  Kam
Posts: 686
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:08 pm

Misc studies
Spoiler: show
IMG_3799.jpg
p.jpg
IMG_3804.jpg
IMG_3831.jpg
IMG_3832.jpg
IMG_3833.jpg
IMG_3837.jpg
IMG_3865 copy.jpg
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
IMG_3906 copy.jpg
IMG_3907 copy.jpg
IMG_3911.jpg
IMG_E3952.jpg


Figure stuff
Spoiler: show
IMG_3866 copy.jpg
IMG_3867 copy.jpg
IMG_3868 copy.jpg
IMG_3981 copy.jpg
IMG_3982 copy.jpg
IMG_3983 copy.jpg
IMG_3984 copy.jpg
IMG_3987 copy.jpg
IMG_3988 copy.jpg
IMG_4007 copy.jpg

 

Postby Kam » Mon May 20, 2019 5:53 pm

User avatar
  Kam
Posts: 686
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:08 pm

Figure stuff part 2
Spoiler: show
IMG_4008 copy.jpg
IMG_4009 copy.jpg
IMG_4010 copy.jpg
IMG_4011 copy.jpg
IMG_4013 copy.jpg
IMG_4016 copy.jpg
IMG_4020 copy.jpg
IMG_4021 copy.jpg
IMG_4022 copy.jpg
IMG_E3953.jpg
IMG_E3954.jpg
IMG_E3955.jpg
IMG_E3956.jpg
IMG_E3957.jpg
IMG_E3958.jpg
IMG_E3959.jpg
IMG_E3960.jpg
IMG_E3961.jpg
IMG_E3967.jpg
IMG_E3968.jpg
IMG_E3974.jpg
IMG_E3975.jpg

The one in the previous post come after these, the order of the files got messed up a bit

 

Postby Kam » Mon May 20, 2019 6:00 pm

User avatar
  Kam
Posts: 686
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:08 pm

image0.jpg
bunny bimbo square1.jpg
bunny bimbo square2.jpg
bunny bimbo.jpg
ppppp.jpg
Lillie lines.jpg
Lillie .jpg

 

Postby kaloyan » Wed May 22, 2019 6:30 pm

User avatar
  kaloyan
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:24 pm
Location: Bulgaria

wow man just wow, you rarely see someone diving sooooo deep into the fundamentals really trying to get the hang of stuff, mad inspirational i have no idea how you manage to get through such dry material, the goddamn dedication man amazing stuff!!!!! keep it up god bless you!

 

Postby Polymath » Thu May 23, 2019 12:48 pm

User avatar
  Polymath
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:22 am

I agree,
you did a lot of really cool pretty indepth studies on a lot of things. Even years ago already.

What I wonder is -
do you even remember the lessons you learned?
For example, you did pretty amazing studies of bodyparts (and more) in 2016.

Now that those studies lie back several years ago,
do you still feel that you `know` what you learned from them?

Just curious about the long term effects of great studies. ;)

 

Postby Kam » Thu May 23, 2019 7:30 pm

User avatar
  Kam
Posts: 686
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:08 pm

kaloyan wrote:wow man just wow, you rarely see someone diving sooooo deep into the fundamentals really trying to get the hang of stuff, mad inspirational i have no idea how you manage to get through such dry material, the goddamn dedication man amazing stuff!!!!! keep it up god bless you!

I appreciate the kind words, I feel like it's mostly because I'm dumb and still don't get some stuff. The only thing I can tell myself to go through them is that it takes what it takes.
I'm not sure how I can bear to go through the dry stuff either but since I always feel like I get some results from them it motivates me to try harder, like how I notice subtle anatomical details after redrawing the charts a few times and getting a better idea of muscle origin, insertions, shapes, etc.

Polymath wrote:I agree,
you did a lot of really cool pretty indepth studies on a lot of things. Even years ago already.

What I wonder is -
do you even remember the lessons you learned?
For example, you did pretty amazing studies of bodyparts (and more) in 2016.

Now that those studies lie back several years ago,
do you still feel that you `know` what you learned from them?

Just curious about the long term effects of great studies. ;)


I don't remember all of them for sure, it's unrealistic to expect all your studies and effort to count because inevitably you'll forget certain things either because you don't use the knowledge or it was likely too much to take in at the time and you forgot some bits, repetition is definitely key in that, even if you forget something when you study them again later it takes much less time to remember it and over time you'll internalize them.

Back in 2016 I did a lot of studies just for the sake of studies, it was the first year I decided to actually put effort into the fundamentals and I was really overwhelmed by everything.
I think I figured out how to study better last year, I think it's both because of the past stuff I already practiced and also a change of mindset. I don't think I perfectly have it down and still study inefficiently sometimes, I'm also still pushing my own works aside to work on my basics, while that's not necessarily bad it's not good in the long run. There's a point where you have to accept your level of skill at certain things and try to move on, there's always room for improvement and it's important to strive to improve but if you get too obsessed with the idea like me you'll end up getting burned out faster and ironically it makes you improve less. I mean I think I probably should've been a lot better by now and I should be producing a lot more work but yeah, it's just not working out too well for me. Regardless I didn't give up and I'm not planning to, if it's gonna take me longer to get it that's fine.

 

Postby Agitato » Thu May 23, 2019 9:33 pm

User avatar
  Agitato
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:01 pm
Location: United States

Kam wrote:Back in 2016 I did a lot of studies just for the sake of studies, it was the first year I decided to actually put effort into the fundamentals and I was really overwhelmed by everything.
I think I figured out how to study better last year, I think it's both because of the past stuff I already practiced and also a change of mindset. I don't think I perfectly have it down and still study inefficiently sometimes, I'm also still pushing my own works aside to work on my basics, while that's not necessarily bad it's not good in the long run. There's a point where you have to accept your level of skill at certain things and try to move on, there's always room for improvement and it's important to strive to improve but if you get too obsessed with the idea like me you'll end up getting burned out faster and ironically it makes you improve less. I mean I think I probably should've been a lot better by now and I should be producing a lot more work but yeah, it's just not working out too well for me. Regardless I didn't give up and I'm not planning to, if it's gonna take me longer to get it that's fine.


Man, I've fallen into like the same rut and am still struggling to get out of it. I guess it's just because the quality gap between studies and working from imagination is so painful if you don't do enough original stuff (at least that's the case for me). That, and like you said, an obsession with fundamentals where I want to get them right before "moving on", but there's really no such thing. I need to bite the bullet I guess and build mileage on stuff I might not be so happy with for a while and just try to learn to have fun with it :\

But yeah, I agree with the others, your studies are really inspiring, the sheer bulk and quality of them. Really cool ink stuff too. Keep on keeping on!
Bound fast unto our fate
One path, one burden great
Yet ever do our aching souls point Heavensward
Ever rings out our song

DeviantArt Instagram Tumblr Artstation
Sketchbook

 

Postby Kam » Thu May 30, 2019 7:08 pm

User avatar
  Kam
Posts: 686
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:08 pm

Agitato wrote:Man, I've fallen into like the same rut and am still struggling to get out of it. I guess it's just because the quality gap between studies and working from imagination is so painful if you don't do enough original stuff (at least that's the case for me). That, and like you said, an obsession with fundamentals where I want to get them right before "moving on", but there's really no such thing. I need to bite the bullet I guess and build mileage on stuff I might not be so happy with for a while and just try to learn to have fun with it :\

But yeah, I agree with the others, your studies are really inspiring, the sheer bulk and quality of them. Really cool ink stuff too. Keep on keeping on!


It's difficult to get out of it as I'm still stuck in it, I could solve it if I had the stamina to do more but I can't manage much for some reason, I'll change this soon hopefully.

thanks for the motivation, I'll try to keep on as much as I can.

 

Postby Kam » Thu May 30, 2019 7:30 pm

User avatar
  Kam
Posts: 686
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:08 pm

Spoiler: show
IMG_4060.jpg
IMG_4089.jpg
IMG_4090.jpg
IMG_4106.jpg
IMG_4107.jpg
IMG_4110.jpg
IMG_4111.jpg
IMG_4112.jpg
IMG_E4025.jpg
IMG_E4026.jpg
IMG_E4027.jpg
IMG_E4028.jpg
UFZE1620.jpg
IMG_E4051.jpg
output_j8kBTY.gif
output_J8RUOB.gif
output_v9jILk.gif
IMG_E4095.jpg
LUKT4734.jpg
EE.JPG

 

Postby Polymath » Thu May 30, 2019 9:24 pm

User avatar
  Polymath
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:22 am

Really inspiring studies again.
I wonder how many hours do you spend on those per week?
You are doing such an amount, it looks as if you do it fulltime?

 

Postby Kam » Fri May 31, 2019 1:40 am

User avatar
  Kam
Posts: 686
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:08 pm

Polymath wrote:Really inspiring studies again.
I wonder how many hours do you spend on those per week?
You are doing such an amount, it looks as if you do it fulltime?

Thanks, I don't know really, definitely not full time.
If I could actually do this full time I'd be able to do both more studies and a lot more actual works which I've been putting aside recently.

 

Postby Bansaki » Fri May 31, 2019 2:01 pm

User avatar
  Bansaki
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:46 am

There's so much content! I've been sifting through and I admire how you can accomplish so much studies in 1 day! You must have really high concentration or focus. I just wanted to say that most of your studies are pretty good! I'm not into grinding much but I admire others who do it so well. It is important to keep the pen or tablet moving.

 

Postby Moe » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:27 pm

User avatar
  Moe
Posts: 1163
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:16 am

I've been following your work for a while now and I'm glad to see that you've stuck to your grind. Your studies are incredible and your illustrations are fantastic . Maybe you should open up commissions??

Previous

Return to Sketchbook

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests