Start your own sketchbook thread! Finished works or works in progress, it doesn't matter, this is just for you to show the artwork you've been working on.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Steeliebob » Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:13 pm

Steeliebob

Subject title: Moe's Sketchbook(NSFW)

Looks pretty cool. Form of cube is bit wonky but values seem good. Is this based on the crtl paint stuff? Is it any good?

Postby fi_le » Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:59 pm

fi_le

Hey Moe!
I'm a newbie and you're like the steady rock in the surge of the Sycra.net forums... well, I can't give you any advice, so I'll just go ahead and horribly abuse the words of the great Ludwig Wittgenstein by quoting: "Wherof one cannot speak, thereof one must be silent."

That being said, be a good genius and draw some Breath of the Wild fanart already;) All jokes aside though, keep rocking!
...you see, it's supposed to be fi_le like the file from the computer... the one where you put the data things in.

my sketchbook on here and my Instagram

Postby Kam » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:47 pm

Kam

It's nice to see you tackling values though for the sake of not boring yourself to death try to start doing some colored or at least grayscale rendered stuff of your own, don't know what colors to pick? just reference artwork you like, it'll help you get out of "Study Hell", you can learn a lot by doing that since you're basically studying while also creating.
sometimes I just grab artwork I like and color pick it and observe the color relationships, it's not extremely helpful but it's still been at least a little helpful to me, at the end the how to aspect of it matters too and for that speedpaints and real time processes are your best bet.

Postby PitE » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:27 am

PitE

brotheeeer, let's see those posts you didn't promise me :))

Postby KeaneFox » Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:12 pm

KeaneFox

How the studying and making going, anything new?

Previous

Return to Sketchbook