Start your own sketchbook thread! Finished works or works in progress, it doesn't matter, this is just for you to show the artwork you've been working on.

Moderators: SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, Ambiguity, virtueone

Postby Peteman22 » Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:25 pm

Peteman22

Subject title: Geryes' pinup & Isometric Sketchbook - NSFW ish

That is one heck of a bodacious bountiful booty. :D

All your girls look great. As other's have said you have some great construction. Have you though about getting into more detailed anatomy? The bumps and ridges of the muscles underneath the skin. I get the impression that that would be the next level up for you as figure drawing goes. (Take suggestion with pinch of salt - I might not know what I'm talking about - just a feeling.)
What are you doing? Stop browsing the forum and get drawing.

Just visit my sketchbook first:

http://www.sycra.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=37212 Come say hello!

Postby Steeliebob » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:03 am

Steeliebob

I bit of shading comes a long way it seems. haha

You've definitely getting better with the foreshortening. :)

Postby Koźlik » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:54 pm

Koźlik

Your colors have improved for sure :)
Keep on posting more girls!
I like to draw girls. If you like girls too, you should check My Sketchbook ^^
There's stuff on My Twitter and Instagram too.

Postby geryes » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:27 pm

geryes

Peteman22 wrote:That is one heck of a bodacious bountiful booty. :D

All your girls look great. As other's have said you have some great construction. Have you though about getting into more detailed anatomy? The bumps and ridges of the muscles underneath the skin. I get the impression that that would be the next level up for you as figure drawing goes. (Take suggestion with pinch of salt - I might not know what I'm talking about - just a feeling.)

Thanks Peteman! I do want to get into more refined anatomy but I want to be careful not to make the figures to muscly unless that what I want for the character. I have a pretty basic understanding of anatomy and am always trying to learn more. Any videos on the subject you can recommend?

Steeliebob wrote:I bit of shading comes a long way it seems. haha

You've definitely getting better with the foreshortening. :)

True, shading and color do quite a bit :), and is tricky until I accidentally get it right :P. Thanks for the comment brother :D.

Koźlik wrote:Your colors have improved for sure :)
Keep on posting more girls!

Thanks dude! You're one of the main reasons I keep posting girls here :D

I call her Cindy.

I too mainly draw girls. Sketchbook

Postby geryes » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:53 am

geryes

More Figure Doodles #123

Postby Peteman22 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:38 pm

Peteman22

geryes wrote: Any videos on the subject you can recommend?

Hmm, well Sycra has some anatomy videos, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ydGSNm ... 7A76C77120 and of there's Proko's anatomy series https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDgyQjN ... QmZJH4__Zv, but as a person who posts on the forum of an art YouTuber you probably already had an idea that these existed.

Postby geryes » Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:55 am

geryes

Peteman22 wrote:
geryes wrote: Any videos on the subject you can recommend?

Hmm, well Sycra has some anatomy videos, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ydGSNm ... 7A76C77120 and of there's Proko's anatomy series https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDgyQjN ... QmZJH4__Zv, but as a person who posts on the forum of an art YouTuber you probably already had an idea that these existed.

Thanks Pete! yea i've sen a few of these, but can't hurt to watch them again. Thanks for the links :).

Started a new job last week so not much time for drawing. But I was working on an infographic today and making a lot of icons for their software. The infographic is a rough sketch but i'm liking it so far, ..........even though it's about kids getting cancer :/.

As for figure drawings, i find myself not really getting legs still. guess i should brush up on leg anatomy. Anyone know of a good video for legs both bent and extended?

Couple of more figure doodles.

Postby RAC00NIE » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:53 pm

RAC00NIE

These are awesome!

Postby geryes » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:00 am

geryes

RAC00NIE wrote:These are awesome!

Thank you! :D

Here is something for the season. Side note, i'm bad at color choices :P

Postby geryes » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:30 am

geryes

Fixed a couple of things like the hat, the fact that the broom stick didn't have a broom end :[, and the back leg as well.

Postby geryes » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:02 am

geryes

Yvette Lying back

Postby geryes » Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:55 am

geryes

I find myself starting this new job in Manhattan and coming home to only have enough time for dinner and then either drawing or video games. Battle Chasers is dope for anyone that's interested. Anyway, her's a figure doodle i'm working on tonight.

Bridget

Postby Peteman22 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:09 am

Peteman22

geryes wrote:I find myself starting this new job in Manhattan and coming home to only have enough time for dinner and then either drawing or video games. Battle Chasers is dope for anyone that's interested. Anyway, her's a figure doodle i'm working on tonight.

Lol that's my too. Wake up. Eat. Go to work.Come back. Shower. Eat. Draw. Post on forum. Sleep. Repeat.

Good form as usual, but you've got some anatomy errors.

I think there's something wrong to with Yvette's arm/shoulder area. Seems to too big. But I'm not sure I would be able to explain how to fix it exactly.

I think I can explain, however, what's wrong with how you've done Bridget's calf muscles. I found some reference images

Spoiler: show

Two things. The two muscles that stick out at the back of your lower leg go around to roughly half the side plane of the legs. You've got Bridget's only on the back planes, so you need to bring them further forwarward and round.

Secondly, The lines you've used to even though it's a paler line than the lines you've used for the major linework, it's still a sold line. It kinda gives the impression someone has drawn over her leg rather than being the muscles underneath.I think it would be better if you used a brush with density set to pen pressure. (assuming your're not using a mouse.) Going from darker to lighter to no line at all, starting at where the shadows are deepest.

Also a completely solid line would only really be appropriate with people have muscles that stick out like their made of stone. In normal, more squishy, people broken lines better represent the the slight dips and valleys of the skin over the muscles.

As usual, that said. I'm still an amateur. take my advice with a pinch of salt.

Keep up the hard work. :D

Postby geryes » Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:26 pm

geryes

Peteman22 wrote:
geryes wrote:I find myself starting this new job in Manhattan and coming home to only have enough time for dinner and then either drawing or video games. Battle Chasers is dope for anyone that's interested. Anyway, her's a figure doodle i'm working on tonight.

Lol that's my too. Wake up. Eat. Go to work.Come back. Shower. Eat. Draw. Post on forum. Sleep. Repeat.

Good form as usual, but you've got some anatomy errors.

I think there's something wrong to with Yvette's arm/shoulder area. Seems to too big. But I'm not sure I would be able to explain how to fix it exactly.

I think I can explain, however, what's wrong with how you've done Bridget's calf muscles. I found some reference images

Spoiler: show

Two things. The two muscles that stick out at the back of your lower leg go around to roughly half the side plane of the legs. You've got Bridget's only on the back planes, so you need to bring them further forwarward and round.

Secondly, The lines you've used to even though it's a paler line than the lines you've used for the major linework, it's still a sold line. It kinda gives the impression someone has drawn over her leg rather than being the muscles underneath.I think it would be better if you used a brush with density set to pen pressure. (assuming your're not using a mouse.) Going from darker to lighter to no line at all, starting at where the shadows are deepest.

Also a completely solid line would only really be appropriate with people have muscles that stick out like their made of stone. In normal, more squishy, people broken lines better represent the the slight dips and valleys of the skin over the muscles.

As usual, that said. I'm still an amateur. take my advice with a pinch of salt.

Keep up the hard work. :D

Thanks Peteman! This helps a lot. Yea i have quite a bit of trouble with legs in general and I think I have to go through the leg anatomy thoroughly. I'll also take the advice about hard lines for muscles as well. I think those areas would be better with hatching or something.

Some figure doodles during my break at work using straight pen. I draw pretty much only in digital so this was a nice challenge for me. I feel like in general that i'v improved with the way I draw with my whole arm instead of just the wrist. I think I should do more of these with reference images to really solidify my line work. It's not where I want it to be yet but I think i'm on my way.

Postby geryes » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:53 am

geryes

Some figure doodles for a request on Deviantart.

Postby geryes » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:32 am

geryes

What am I doing? It's 1:30 in the morning and I have a job tomorrow...but i'm doing a drawing request for deviantart. Of course I decide to play video games all weekend and then draw Sunday night :P

Anyway, a couple more figure doodles for another deviantart request.

Postby geryes » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:31 pm

geryes

Some more figure doodles by pen during break.

Postby geryes » Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:41 pm

geryes

Afternoon doodle.

Not too sure about her left shoulder though. Any advice?

Postby geryes » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:19 pm

geryes

More figure doodles with pen during my lunch break.

Postby Steeliebob » Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:26 pm

Steeliebob

You're killing it with the traditional drawings Geryes! It's nice to see you do a bit of that. ^^
Just one thing is that the hands seem a bit tiny. :)

PreviousNext

Return to Sketchbook