Start your own sketchbook thread! Finished works or works in progress, it doesn't matter, this is just for you to show the artwork you've been working on.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby PitE » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:52 am

PitE

Subject title: Pit's Doodle Dump

MAAAAAYBE I'll try to actually talk to artists or something. I can't seem to find any artists in real life :P I feel like finding gamers is easier :roll:
anyways I've been drawing every day for about 280 days I think? I draw 1/5 to 1 whole page depending on my mood cuz I'm lazy (and no one talks to me about art ):) <- it's a smiley face... a lonely smiley face. And by everyday I mean "Have not slept yet/it's the same date/within 36 hours."

ART :D
I'll post the past 2 weeks or so in the next few days maybe.

So this one was about 2 weeks ago. It contains 2 days of drawings because I'm too lazy to draw an entire page. All from imagination/memory except 6 of the faces on the bottom right corner which are upside down because I like to rest my hand on the paper... I also noticed that I drew sinix's little teeth creatures on this page. And I also drew some fanart of Red from Transistor. I didn't look at reference and I only kinda remember what she looks like but I think it was a good guess of what she might have looked like when she was like 15 or something. :roll:
page1.png

I might post another page later today or tomorrow and finally talk about art with people who love it too :)
Last edited by PitE on Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby PitE » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:56 pm

PitE

Here's the page following the last one. It's kinda over the place but I did manage to fill up one page. I think the rifles and some of the clothing are from reference.
page2m.png

Postby PitE » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:12 pm

PitE

Another page that follows that last one up. This one was 2 days and I don't even think I did any actual studies or used any reference other than some mechanical parts.
page3m.png
Last edited by PitE on Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Exath » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:21 pm

Exath

Welcome to the forum!

You got some really good stuff! I love how you utilize the ENTIRE canvas, lol. I'm looking forward for more of these!
Last edited by Exath on Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ayy lmao

Postby PitE » Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:31 pm

PitE

Exath wrote:Welcome to the forum!

You got some really stuff! I love how you utilize the ENTIRE canvas, lol. I'm looking forward for more of these!

Thanks! I'm really compulsive about my pages cuz I don't want to waste any space. I'll be sure to add more really stuff to my thread in the future :)

Postby PitE » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:27 am

PitE

I animated something for the first ime with the free version of graphics gale and then had to turn it into a gif using gimp which was weirder than you'd think. it's kinda small cuz I was too lazy to expand it. but it's kinda funny... in a way. if you zoom in... it's not funny.
acidrain.gif

Postby Jesturr » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:58 am

Jesturr

You pack those doodle pages in tight! I'm loving your faces, they feel fluid but stay structural!

Postby PitE » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:30 am

PitE

Jesturr wrote:You pack those doodle pages in tight! I'm loving your faces, they feel fluid but stay structural!

Thanks! I actually think some faces were a bit off in the general head shape and other things are weird looking but these were 2 weeks ago so I guess they look weird now. But I still like some though. And every page in my sketchbook is a tightly packed doodle page :P Even the studies. Getting my money's worth out of those 12x9's ;)

Postby PitE » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:55 pm

PitE

The past 4 days of sketches. I'm lazy. Did some bird references and awkward poses :D
page4.51.png
page4.52.png

Postby Rhino » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:46 am

Rhino

your sketches are really cool, especially the faces. :D

Postby PitE » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:52 am

PitE

Rhino wrote:your sketches are really cool, especially the faces. :D

Thanks! I really like your faces too! They're a lot lot more interesting than mine imo :D

Postby Ambiguity » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:37 am

Ambiguity

PitE wrote:The past 4 days of sketches. I'm lazy. Did some bird references and awkward poses :D

Oh man, if that much work is how much a lazy person does in 4 days, then I must be dead lol.

Postby PitE » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:44 am

PitE

Ambiguity wrote:
PitE wrote:The past 4 days of sketches. I'm lazy. Did some bird references and awkward poses :D

Oh man, if that much work is how much a lazy person does in 4 days, then I must be dead lol.

Haha :D I just want to be able to fill up one page a day but I keep getting distracted. I also rarely ever do studies cuz I just want to draw faces which I think I might actually need to study more for :roll: But I guess when you're dead you have all the time in the worl-afterlife?

Postby inutsuna » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:37 am

inutsuna

I have to say, wow that is a lot of faces you draw but they all look so nice too! Do you draw with pen?

Postby PitE » Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:39 am

PitE

inutsuna wrote:I have to say, wow that is a lot of faces you draw but they all look so nice too! Do you draw with pen?

Yes. Pen and only pen. Or any kind of ink. Anything permanent really. Wanna try blood someday but that presents some difficulties ;) Oh and I use a Hi-Tec-C 0.4 mm.
Last edited by PitE on Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby PitE » Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:45 am

PitE

I found Tommy Vercetti as "Off Duty Cop!" (ignore what I wrote) in my math notebook! At least my friend thinks he looks like him (He wasn't supposed to be Tommy), I kinda just drew what I thought the 80's looked like and got ideas from one of my friends(hence the blown up car and hawaii umbrella drink) :roll: I used pencil on this one instead of pen cuz I couldn't find one. This made math pretty fun for one period :P
tommy varcetti.png

Postby PitE » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:00 am

PitE

I did a digital painting in Krita. I only used a square brush on opacity 53% most of the time cuz I don't know how to use krita.
I don't have a tablet so I didn't have any pressure functionality at all and I didn't feel like managing the saturation cuz I kinda forgot about it till I got bored... But I painted an explosion kinda.
Didapainting.png

Postby KoffiFueledSketches » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:27 am

KoffiFueledSketches

woah, you have some really nice sketches here!! I love that you make use of the entire page.
And that last one is really good for not having a tablet!
sketchbook | 15 | f

Postby PitE » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:01 am

PitE

KoffiFueledSketches wrote:woah, you have some really nice sketches here!! I love that you make use of the entire page.
And that last one is really good for not having a tablet!

thanks! I'm compulsive about the pages! I hope that I could at some point in the next 10 years get as good of a color sense as you do :)

Here's the last 4 days of doodly doodle dudes and dudettes and stuff. and of course the right half is upside down...
I should do some studies soon. and learn to hatch...
page5m.png

Postby ehlihr » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:34 am

ehlihr

i love how you fill the whole page and manage to make cluttered look amazing. Fantastic sketchbook so far, looking forward to more :0
18 year old mostly self taught loser. sheridan illustration 2023

Sketchbook
Website
Instagram

Postby PitE » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:04 am

PitE

Elihaha wrote:i love how you fill the whole page and manage to make cluttered look amazing. Fantastic sketchbook so far, looking forward to more :0

Thanks! I love making chaos look logical and understandable :)

Postby PitE » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:10 pm

PitE

~poooop~
I dumped another page of excrement and *feces*...
see what I did there?

cuz faces.... feces...
smiley face
page6.png

Postby foxolotl » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:22 pm

foxolotl

WOAH. I love that there's so much stuff going on, its crazy. I like filling the entire page too! Too much blank space makes me uneasy XD Amazing work, keep it up.
pens are my only friend

Postby PitE » Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:25 pm

PitE

foxolotl wrote:WOAH. I love that there's so much stuff going on, its crazy. I like filling the entire page too! Too much blank space makes me uneasy XD Amazing work, keep it up.

Thanks a lot! Compulsive page filling is so contradictory though! It's like "hey I don't feel easy when there's white space yet everything here is overlapping and messy." I saw your sketchbook a few days ago too and I instantly thought the same thing :lol:

Postby Murii » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:10 pm

Murii

I love how your pages are so crazy, really makes me inspired! Keep up the amazing work. :)

Next

Return to Sketchbook