Start your own sketchbook thread! Finished works or works in progress, it doesn't matter, this is just for you to show the artwork you've been working on.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Kyoobies » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:41 pm

Kyoobies

Subject title: Kyoobies's Sketchbook [NSFW & slowly figuring out how NSFW]

Hello! My name is Tanner, and I'm a beginner artist who's tired of having ideas for art that don't go anywhere. :lol: It's time to bring my ideas into fruition!
Last edited by Kyoobies on Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:11 am, edited 10 times in total.
"Balsamic Vinegar" - Tsukasa Hiiragi

- - My [NSFW] Sketchbook! :D - - 21/m - -

Postby Kyoobies » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:51 pm

Kyoobies

Well I'm new to this whole sketchbook thing, and I was hoping to get some better art done before starting it. But it's taking so long to make good stuff, so maybe doing this will be a good motivator. :D

Quick question, should I upload my older stuff that I think is just okay/not that good to start the sketchbook off with some content, or should I start fresh and just upload new stuff?

Postby OctoGon » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:09 am

OctoGon

o/ owo)b hi!

I've seen people just post new stuff, and others who post older works and sometimes while posting newer works, post some old ones they find later. You can probably post whatever you want to share ^^)b
Please excuse my ridiculous amounts of emoticon face usage. (QwQ)b
My Deviantart of Scrubness!!

Postby Fergato » Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:12 pm

Fergato

Welcome Tanner!
I would suggest you post anything you're doing, not only good stuff, remember this is a sketchbook thread! :D
Our learning path never ends... Keep practicing.

My Instagram.

Postby Kyoobies » Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:53 am

Kyoobies

So I'm trying to make a revised re-draw or my character Ru, but I still have some kinks to work out with my proportions so I think I'm going to do it again from scratch instead of making more adjustments. Right about now my avatar is a perfect representation of my mental state. :lol:
Spoiler: show
Original image from February
Ru-Original-Small.jpg
Ru Redraw WIP.jpg

Also I don't know if should finish this old one up now in digital or if I should save it for later and work on some other stuff. Any opinions?
Lucky Puff.jpg

Postby Kyoobies » Sun Jun 21, 2015 7:52 am

Kyoobies

Got some reference sketches done today, and while I couldn't finish them in only 10 minutes, they look human! So that's good enough for now! :lol:
Reference Sketches 06.20.2015.jpg

Postby Kyoobies » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:55 pm

Kyoobies

Okay this one takes some explanation. :lol: I got my friend the first two Sword Art Online books for his birthday, and there exists a sexually explicit fan-fiction chapter that was actually written by the author himself. So I decided to make him a physical copy of it for the hell of it. And all of the SAO books have a chibi image on the back, so I made sure to do my own for this as well.
Asuna 16.5 Chibi Sketch.jpg
Asuna 16.5 Chibi.jpg

Postby Kyoobies » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:48 am

Kyoobies

Some more reference sketches, this time with the ten minute time limit. Starting to grasp this method for constructing bodies, so I'm happy enough with them. :)
Reference Sketches 06.22.2015.jpg

Postby Oli » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:43 am

Oli

i see you are getting there! just a suggestion though: don't stress yourself with setting a timelimit per pose. in my personally opinion, it is more helpfull to take the time it needs to get used to the method of construction first. observe, anaylize, and think about the how you put something on paper/screen. once you are used to the tools and method, you still can speed up and set a timelimit.

just relax man and enjoy the ride ;)
My sketchbook | My dA | My Facebook

Life is too short for bad coffee!

Postby Kyoobies » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:00 am

Kyoobies

Oli wrote:just a suggestion though: don't stress yourself with setting a timelimit per pose.

Thanks Oli! :D And yeah I should do some more without limits before applying them. I was going to do some from imagination where I take as long as needed, but college applications have been consuming most of my time. Hmmmmmmm, maybe I'll do them now.... It's only 2 am at the moment. :lol:

Postby Wolfen » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:48 am

Wolfen

Hi Kyoobie :) welcome by the way ^_^ I can see that you're definitely getting the hang of things but i don't think right now you should worry too much about putting a time limit on yourself, it'll just put unnecessary stress on yourself :) take as much time as you need to get proportions and everything right for you
20 y.o. artist, student
Deviantart :)! http://misterwolfen.deviantart.com/
Sketchbook ^_^ viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9244

Postby everfae » Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:56 pm

everfae

Hi there :) I agree with the previous posts. If you're learning construction of the human body, don't set yourself a time limit and just study and learn!
Time limits are good for gesture drawing however, when you wanna get the form down quick and not worry /too/ much about construction. if construction is your focus then take your time.
Your proportions are looking really good anyway! Be aware of the volume and form of the parts. I see you had some trouble with that kneeling leg, because to me it looks pretty flat. Remember that the thigh is kinda cylindrical, so keep the volume of things in mind as you're constructing.

Keep going! :D
you can call me flower if you want to
instagram
my sketchbook

Postby axelsior » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:49 am

axelsior

Every one's on point about taking your time. Figure out basic proportions first and practise it, and speed will just come naturally. You get back out what you put in, so 10 minutes of effort isn't going to give you the results that, say, a 30 minute session would give you. Just keep pushing forward!

Postby Kyoobies » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:55 am

Kyoobies

Before I put my post, I just want to say thank you to everyone being so helpful and supportive! The community on this forum is so awesome! :D

Yay it turns out I'm not dead! I just got super busy with college applications, then suddenly and out of nowhere it turned out I could go to anime expo, and when I got finished with all of that, more college stuff! :lol: But now after several days, I finally finish the vector line-art for my collab piece with isamuffin! For those who don't know, Muffin made this beautiful Alice in Wonderland work, and I vectorized it and am soon going to try and color it. :D Image
This unintentionally turned into the most intensive line-art training I could imagine, and it has been incredibly helpful for learning and practicing (especially since I have disgraphia, which makes the ability to draw the exact lines that I want something I was worried about) :D And here you go Muffin, here's a transparent version of the line-art for you. It's your art, so do whatever you want with it. :3
Spoiler: show
Last edited by Kyoobies on Thu Jul 30, 2015 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby z4m97 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:43 pm

z4m97

its awesome! :D

Postby Kyoobies » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:04 pm

Kyoobies

z4m97 wrote:its awesome! :D

Thank you! :D

Postby jachuu » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:55 am

jachuu

im strangely attracted towards that cupcake... o__o

Postby Kyoobies » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:17 am

Kyoobies

jachuu wrote:im strangely attracted towards that cupcake... o__o

;)
Sexy Cupcake.jpg

Postby Vixie » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:03 am

Vixie

:shock: that was really unexpected twist :lol:
Hello. How are you? Have a nice Day. I'm socially awkward, sorry.
Sketchbook / Tumblr / deviantArt / Skype - if you'd like to chat: vixie.illustration

Postby LuisEC » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:05 am

LuisEC

keep it up! lookin forward to seeing more work! also that is a good cupcake.

Postby Liyrical » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:04 am

Liyrical

What software do you use? Do you have a tablet? owo
13 / Liri / I try to draw
My Tumblr
My Deviantart
My Instagram

Postby Kyoobies » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:34 am

Kyoobies

Liyrical wrote:What software do you use? Do you have a tablet? owo

I use Manga Studio 5, which I feel is a fantastic drawing program, especially for people who want to do anime/comic/cartoon styles. (and it's cheap! :lol: ) It's optimized to be used by someone drawing pictures, as well as using a tablet. Plus it has some really nice vector stuff. And yes I have a drawing tablet, I just got it in May for my birthday. ^^

OH SWEET! you have RWBY stuff on your deviantart! :D RWBY is awesome!

Postby Liyrical » Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:10 pm

Liyrical

Yes, I do draw RWBY :) Also I have Manga Studio too! I use its Japanese version, however it's under the name of Clip Studio, but they're basically the same. Do you use stabilizers when you're linearting? owo
13 / Liri / I try to draw
My Tumblr
My Deviantart
My Instagram

Postby Skunk1724 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:31 pm

Skunk1724

Hahaha! that cupcake xD the panties really cracked me up lol!
seriously tho i really like your last drawing :) many stuff flies around and interesting pose ^^ umm one thing tho, try to make the picture alittle smaller next time?.. its kinda hard looking at all of it especially when some1 like me is using a laptop to browse it.

Postby Skunk1724 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:32 pm

Skunk1724

Hahaha! that cupcake xD the panties really cracked me up lol!
seriously tho i really like your last drawing :) many stuff flies around and interesting pose ^^ umm one thing tho, try to make the picture alittle smaller next time?.. its kinda hard looking at all of it especially when some1 like me is using a laptop to browse it.

Next

Return to Sketchbook