Start your own sketchbook thread! Finished works or works in progress, it doesn't matter, this is just for you to show the artwork you've been working on.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Markus Creation » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:54 am

Markus Creation

Subject title: Kyoobies's Sketchbook [Slowly getting even more NSFW! =3]

geryes wrote:+1 for looking at FLCL for inspiration 8-)

What is FLCL ?

Postby KeaneFox » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:16 am

KeaneFox

Markus Creation wrote:

What is FLCL ?

FLCL Is an Anime, but not a typical one. Check the first episode if you like.

Postby Kyoobies » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:46 am

Kyoobies

Naturally, it's one of the best. :D Really anything from studio Gainax/what is now studio Trigger, is more than worth taking inspiration from. 8-) What I really want to learn from Fooly Cooly are it's colors though. (*♡∀♡)

And yes FLCL is a wonderfully weird show that I would recommend anybody at least try. Plus it's only six episodes, so it's short.
"Balsamic Vinegar" - Tsukasa Hiiragi

- - My [NSFW] Sketchbook! :D - - 21/m - -

Postby Kyoobies » Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:01 am

Kyoobies

Well guys, I think I'm going to have to take a short hiatus from the forum to focus on the last two weeks of school. I don't like to half ass anything, so if I don't have the time to at least skim through everyone's sketchbooks/post frequently myself, then Id rather just take a break and catch up later.

I'll still be drawing though, in fact probably a ton, so at least you'll have something to look forward to. :D For now, I'll leave you with a quick little page I did a couple days ago, and the still incomplete pose practice with Liz and Yuko.

See you soon guys! ヾ(^ω^*)
The ref: http://i.imgur.com/giTYvXg.jpg

And the (NSFW: Contains silly futanari) pose practice wip:
Spoiler: show

To think that as a fan of realistically sized, minimal-ish futanari girls, this would be my first futa drawing. :lol:

Postby geryes » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:16 pm

geryes

Cation : side effects may include growing a third leg.
I too mainly draw girls.
Sketchbook
Deviantart

Postby PuRin0 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:03 am

PuRin0

Your sketchbook is really fun to look at :lol:
looking forward to more drawings XD

Postby Kyoobies » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:38 am

Kyoobies

geryes wrote:Cation : side effects may include growing a third leg.

Not even a leg can compare to that monstrosity. :lol:

PuRin0 wrote:Your sketchbook is really fun to look at :lol:
looking forward to more drawings XD

I think that may be my favorite compliment. :3 I'll never be the most skillfully artist; but if I can be a fun artist, than that's what really matters. ^^

I'm done with school for now! \(≧▽≦)/ And now that I'm done catching up on four and a half pages of missed sketchbooks, I can finally go back to mine! He's some doopy doos to get my momentum back after taking such a long break.

Postby PuRin0 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:53 am

PuRin0

I'll never be the most skillfully artist; but if I can be a fun artist, than that's what really matters. ^^

You can always be more "skillful" cuz skill builds up with practice and time, but "being a fun artist" is just being fun a fun artist :D
if that makes any sense whatsoever

Postby Kyoobies » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:04 pm

Kyoobies

PuRin0 wrote:
I'll never be the most skillfully artist; but if I can be a fun artist, than that's what really matters. ^^

You can always be more "skillful" cuz skill builds up with practice and time, but "being a fun artist" is just being fun a fun artist :D
if that makes any sense whatsoever

I worded that bad, let me rephrase. :lol: I'll totally become a skillful artist in the future, but I'm not going to one of the artists who does amazingly stunning anatomy, with tons of detail and beautiful technical skills in something like painting. Like Neso or Sakimi-chan. But that's okay because because having cool and fun art is more important to me than that. ^^
(Plus my end goal is something more stylized and simplified anyway, kinda like this, which contributes to me saying that :P )

Postby PuRin0 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:26 pm

PuRin0

hey that's cool :D imo opinion knowing what you wanna do with art is the hardest thing; I'm really happy for you for having a clear goal with your art !
Keep going dude ! can't wait to see where does your journey takes you :D

Postby Valkhira » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:37 am

Valkhira

I'm... I'm just... so... traumatized... by that... that... colossal... thing... @___@ No magic in this world can make that fit anywhere, I repeat, anywhere. I'm just like... No, you're too big to fit in here, too big to fit in here :lol: :lol:

Aaaawh, but that next post is so adorable, she got transformed into a adorable loli =') I think my trauma is cured.
My tradition is the art of superstition.
Follow the white rabbit: Alice's Sketchbook

Postby iqhunter » Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:35 am

iqhunter

Ahah, your style is so awesome x) You have some pretty creative stuff in here! :)

Postby Wyntry » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:51 pm

Wyntry

I believe that having fun and doing fun artwork is definitely the path to go. Love your latest stuff. dare I say it's high in the cute factor? :D Have a great Christmas!
"Study hard and all things can be accomplished; give up and you will amount to nothing". -Yamaoka Tesshu
Sketchbook: http://sycra.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9424
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/artofwyntry/

Postby Kyoobies » Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:40 pm

Kyoobies

(Thanks for the awesome comments everyone, I'll respond properly tomorrow! (≧◡≦) )

Postby Kyoobies » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:48 pm

Kyoobies

Postby KurisuStinah » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:08 am

KurisuStinah

LOL why didn't I go through your sketchbook earlier xD It was a fun read and your stuff is creative! Killed me at "I want to be a loli" tho ' V 'b

Postby Xiphor » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:25 pm

Xiphor

Having Ru be cute and all really makes me forget just how....well....much of a *cough*sociopath*cough* I mean personality she has you know. Yeah have fun kyoobies!

Postby Kyoobies » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:24 am

Kyoobies

PuRin0 wrote:hey that's cool :D imo opinion knowing what you wanna do with art is the hardest thing; I'm really happy for you for having a clear goal with your art !
Keep going dude ! can't wait to see where does your journey takes you :D

Thanks!
Valkhira wrote:I'm... I'm just... so... traumatized... by that... that... colossal... thing... @___@ No magic in this world can make that fit anywhere, I repeat, anywhere. I'm just like... No, you're too big to fit in here, too big to fit in here :lol: :lol:

Aaaawh, but that next post is so adorable, she got transformed into a adorable loli =') I think my trauma is cured.

I have no idea what that is but it is amazing but I somehow feel like a better person for having seen that. And sorry about that one, yeah not even a mcguffin can make that monster work. Now if I could stop doing other things and finish that freaking pose practice! Damn fundamentals... And yay! (≧◡≦) ♡ I need to work on my lolis more though some time soon, they're adorable.

iqhunter wrote:Ahah, your style is so awesome x) You have some pretty creative stuff in here! :)

Wooh hooh style is coming through! \(^▽^)/

Wyntry wrote:I believe that having fun and doing fun artwork is definitely the path to go. Love your latest stuff. dare I say it's high in the cute factor? :D Have a great Christmas!

Fun stuff is great, anything to get you drawing more really. Plus it allows for a lot of creativity. And yes, I love me some adorable stuff. It's great because it's awesome on its own, but also juxtaposes a lot of "other stuff" super well. =3 And thanks! Belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too!

KurisuStinah wrote:LOL why didn't I go through your sketchbook earlier xD It was a fun read and your stuff is creative! Killed me at "I want to be a loli" tho ' V 'b

Yes! o(>ω<)o If that's the case then I'm doing things right and I'm super happy, now I just need to get fundamentals and a practice routine down. And yeah, Ru wants to be a cute and happy loli, that's even why she wears a raincoat (because they always look moe). :lol: The fact that it's easy to clean blood off of is just a coincidental bonus.

Xiphor wrote:Having Ru be cute and all really makes me forget just how....well....much of a *cough*sociopath*cough* I mean personality she has you know. Yeah have fun kyoobies!

Yes.... yes indeed... Thanks! (╥﹏╥)

(I do have some good gestures done, I got Hampton's book and am studying it. I wanna do some digital stuff too though.) 60 sec.
Ref from last one:

Postby Unknown001 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:37 am

Unknown001

For me is "Time to draw" 2 hours later after watching videos on youtube or art on artstation "gonna go rest a bit" XD

You sure nailed that last one, the flow of the lines and the gesture are masterful. May you be my sensei plz T&T

Btw, great practice, you are getting the hang of it :D
No excuses, you are where you are because of you and nobody else. Just stop coming up with excuses, get up and start running or time will leave you behind.

My sketchbook: http://forum.sycra.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=68576

Postby strudelsandwich » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:25 pm

strudelsandwich

I'm definitely a fan of your comics, they always have great personality to them!

Postby Kyoobies » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:20 pm

Kyoobies

Unknown001 wrote:For me is "Time to draw" 2 hours later after watching videos on youtube or art on artstation "gonna go rest a bit" XD

You sure nailed that last one, the flow of the lines and the gesture are masterful. May you be my sensei plz T&T

Btw, great practice, you are getting the hang of it :D

Same. T^T I'm trying to work on that. Hence Ru's "motivation" . And thank you, it's kinda hard to tell when gestures work or not because you usually only see amazing ones in books and stuff, but more so than with other stuff you feel like you should be able to do that. :lol: "That looks easy enough, it's not much more than a stick figure" oooooh heeeell no, they are very challenging. I'm glad mine seem to be okay though! :D

strudelsandwich wrote:I'm definitely a fan of your comics, they always have great personality to them!

Thank you! o(≧▽≦)o I certainly need to work on them more, hopefully I can learn to get good momentum with them soon.

Some gestures and then some 3 minute stuff, Hampton's book has really helped me out here and this may be the beginnings of me finally being comfortable enough to draw every day. ^^

Pretty messy, but that's to be expected at this point I would think. :P

Postby iqhunter » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:18 pm

iqhunter

Hey, have you tried to put it all together in comic strips? x) Like : http://silentreaper.deviantart.com/art/ ... 3710&qo=87 or http://ry-spirit.deviantart.com/art/Mar ... 3710&qo=89
Idk, i guess it's something you might like :)

Postby Kyoobies » Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:59 pm

Kyoobies

iqhunter wrote:Hey, have you tried to put it all together in comic strips? x) Like : http://silentreaper.deviantart.com/art/ ... 3710&qo=87 or http://ry-spirit.deviantart.com/art/Mar ... 3710&qo=89
Idk, i guess it's something you might like :)

I've done it once before. It's fun, and it's something I think about a bunch when brainstorming. It's really hard though to think of good jokes where the whole setup and punchline fits within just four panels. Also there's an objective reason to simplify stuff like that, and that could end up getting in the way of the pose practice. And if I make it really long then it will be over 1000px. :P If I ever so something proper, that's on my mind though. ^^
Old doopy doo I did

And here's some more 1 minutes and 3 minutes.

I feel so boring with all this "fundamental practice" and "universally applicable skills" in these "efficient and consistent practice sessions" or whatever. ┐( ̄ヘ ̄;)┌ :lol: Hopefully I can get fun stuff spliced in, along with my Hampton studies.
Oh yeah and I made a thingy for myself, and anyone else who wants it except probably not since nobody here would find it relevant to them. :V

--------NSFW--------

Postby Kyoobies » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:17 pm

Kyoobies

Some really bleh gestures, I feel terrible with them tonight. (>﹏<) ...Oh well ^^

And digital junk.

Postby Unknown001 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:57 am

Unknown001

:lol: the long necked one makes me laugh XD Good work 0/ ^-^
No excuses, you are where you are because of you and nobody else. Just stop coming up with excuses, get up and start running or time will leave you behind.

My sketchbook: http://forum.sycra.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=68576

PreviousNext

Return to Sketchbook