Start your own sketchbook thread! Finished works or works in progress, it doesn't matter, this is just for you to show the artwork you've been working on.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby DrawingGuy31 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:03 pm

DrawingGuy31

Subject title: DrawingGuy31s Sketchbook

Hi,
My name is DrawingGuy31. I'm some 16 (almost 17 in a couple of weeks) year old weirdo who likes to draw, a lot. I've drawn longer than I can remember, and only recently did I start trying to apply color to my art. I mean, I spent a lot of time drawing simple stuff, but what I'm trying to say is I've only really started trying to push my art beyond its limit recently. I've also tried to get into digital art about a year or two ago, but I'm too cheap to buy photoshop so everything I've posted on here or anywhere else is either done with a pencil or my iPad.

Anyway, without further ado, my first post in mah sketchbook.

I'll add more soon, sorry for the extreme lack of content.
Last edited by DrawingGuy31 on Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby DrawingGuy31 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:25 am

DrawingGuy31

I know I'm not very good. Hopefully one day I'll get much better.
I should practice polishing my paintings more. Also, everything that's not the face.
Last edited by DrawingGuy31 on Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby ErnieTheMighty » Sun Apr 19, 2015 9:58 am

ErnieTheMighty

Hey! Nice sketchbook. Really loving your colors. :D

Just a suggestion - don't put images into spoilers. After all, that's the main purpose of the forum, right? :D

I use spoilers usually for very old pictures or long walls of text.

Good luck!

Postby NesoKaiyoH » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:01 am

NesoKaiyoH

Really good portraits! The colours are great and the brush strokes are pretty cool too. Although it's difficult to assess your ability based on just these two alone. Have you got any sketches or other paintings you can show us?
20 - F - Student - Future concept artist and manga illustrator!

My Sketchbook: viewtopic.php?t=11533
My deviantART: http://nesokaiyoh.deviantart.com
My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/digitalartistrachelwalpole
My ArtStation: http://www.artstation.com/artist/nesokaiyoh

Postby DrawingGuy31 » Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:20 am

DrawingGuy31

NesoKaiyoH wrote:Really good portraits! The colours are great and the brush strokes are pretty cool too. Although it's difficult to assess your ability based on just these two alone. Have you got any sketches or other paintings you can show us?

Yeah, I'll submit some more paintings and sketches later once I have some. All the ones I have now are outdated, unfinished or embarrising. I'll be sure to submit more content as soone as possible.

ErnieTheMighty wrote:Hey! Nice sketchbook. Really loving your colors. :D

Just a suggestion - don't put images into spoilers. After all, that's the main purpose of the forum, right? :D

I use spoilers usually for very old pictures or long walls of text.

Good luck!

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind ;)

Postby benasmar » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:35 am

benasmar

Hey dude, welcome to the community!

i like the painting of the woman( looks like an actor but i can't remember the name).

Perhaps you can post some of you traditional work?
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet consectetur adipisci velit

Sketchbook:http://www.sycra.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16832

Postby L3V » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:09 pm

L3V

its just a matter of time until you will be really great! Just keep on painting, drawing and posting here. your paintings right now is pretty solid :)

Postby Jesturr » Sun Apr 19, 2015 12:23 pm

Jesturr

You really understand how to paint, and the planes of the face! :0
I envy you, lovely start to your sketchbook

Postby Fantelle » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:46 pm

Fantelle

That latest portrait is a huge jump from your last one! :O <3

Postby DrawingGuy31 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:42 am

DrawingGuy31

Lisavdb wrote:
    That latest portrait is a huge jump from your last one! :O <3

Jesturr wrote:You really understand how to paint, and the planes of the face! :0
I envy you, lovely start to your sketchbook
L3V14TH4N wrote:its just a matter of time until you will be really great! Just keep on painting, drawing and posting here. your paintings right now is pretty solid :)

Thank you all! :D
benasmar wrote:Hey dude, welcome to the community!

i like the painting of the woman( looks like an actor but i can't remember the name).

Perhaps you can post some of you traditional work?
It's Emma Watson, who portrayed Hermione in the Harry Potter Movies. I'll be sure to post something traditional soon, but right now I haven't been able to draw as much as I'd like because of school.

Also, heres a folder of really old stuff to fill space.
Spoiler: show

This was actually a practice of someones likeness, and I was trying to practice drawing emotions. I liked this one and decided to paint them. I then decided to turn them to a Attack on Titan character (that everyone including me dislikes) because why not. There really was no motive behind this one other than I wanted to have fun.

This ones really old, (like a year old) but I still like it. I think I'll make a before/ after of it.
Last edited by DrawingGuy31 on Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby DrawingGuy31 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:31 am

DrawingGuy31

YAY FINALS ARE DONE! Now I have time to submit stuff, so I'm basically just going to submit everything in my skecthbook!

The main point of this was to practice perspective, along with some doodles on the right. but I don't like how this came out too much.

Postby DrawingGuy31 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:23 am

DrawingGuy31

Anatomy practice. Nowhwere near as good as Jesturr's but I'm still practicing. :D

Postby DrawingGuy31 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:58 am

DrawingGuy31

Postby DrawingGuy31 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:41 am

DrawingGuy31

Postby DrawingGuy31 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:59 am

DrawingGuy31

If you couldn't tell by now I'm a huge fan of anime and manga :D

Http://img07.deviantart.net/4d96/i/2016 ... 9nuatk.png

The hair looks terrible so I decided that's what I'm going to practice

Postby JacksonEliGray » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:24 am

JacksonEliGray

Damn good looking stuff dude.
Just a couple things.
1. In the most recent post, the ear is looking a little funky to me. If you were going for something more elvish that's cool, but if not I think a more rounded shape would better compliment the rest of the face.
2. The form of the torso and shoulders is looking a little flat. I wasn't sure if that was just because you hadn't gotten to it yet or not, but I noticed the same issue with your first image of Eren (Erin? Arin?), so I thought I'd make a note of it.

But yeah man, your painting skills are makin' me jealous lol. Guess I just have to get back on my digital work.

Postby DrawingGuy31 » Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:36 am

DrawingGuy31

Forgot to add this here, you guys really helped me out in the critique :D

https://img12.deviantart.net/953a/i/2016/055/7/9/eren_jeager_by_drawingguy31-d9sz09t.png

It's a repaint of Eren. The link is the not cropped version.

@ JacksonEliGray

Thanks for the compliments. I'm actually fairly new to painting the body and ears, I've only studied the face and I need to improve a lot. I need to study more for sure.
Last edited by DrawingGuy31 on Wed Mar 16, 2016 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby piikeo » Wed Mar 16, 2016 7:01 am

piikeo

i love love love how you paint, your brush strokes on the skin are so good!!
although i think the way you do the hair doesn't really suit the painterly style of the rest of your pics though. to stringy looking. i would try do it in the same style as the rest of your art.
sketchbook | tumblr | instagram 18/pink is my favourite colour

Postby DrawingGuy31 » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:14 am

DrawingGuy31

This is inbetween a finished thing and a sketch, what do you call those? It's not a work in progress cause I think I'm done with it.

@ piikeo

Thank you, your comment actually motivated me to create something so I randomly created this. I'll admit my hair sucks but I'm trying to find a style for it. :D

Postby Drawringer » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:58 pm

Drawringer

DrawingGuy31 wrote:
This is inbetween a finished thing and a sketch, what do you call those? It's not a work in progress cause I think I'm done with it.

I see people on twitter and stuff saying "break doodle", but that's obviously not a doodle, i dunno, good work though!

Postby DrawingGuy31 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:17 am

DrawingGuy31

@ Drawinger

Thanks man, break doodle or not I like that term! :D

Check out this sketch of Guts that doesn't at all capture the spirit of Guts! New anime hype! :D

Also fun fact, I'm close to the 1 year anniversary of this sketchbook and I'm still just on my second page.

Postby Ragamuffin » Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:49 pm

Ragamuffin

Your portraits are really good; there's a lifelike quality to the facial features!
I instantly recognized young Guts. You just have to make him look a little bit more dead inside, i think. Right now he looks... determined. Like your regular shonen hero.

New anime hype.

Postby DrawingGuy31 » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:34 am

DrawingGuy31

@ Ragamuffin

Thanks man, I agree, he looked too determined... I mean Guts is determined but not the same way a shounen hero is. That's why I restarted it!

I was disappointed since I didn't at all capture the spirit of Guts or Berserk and then I realized I had no limitations so I decided just to start over. I'm hoping this one will look more real. I'm planning to make it look like how he did when he earned the name "100 man slayer." All covered in blood and bruises and stuff. Also does anyone have any suggestions on how to paint cloth? I'm kind of inexperienced when it comes to that. Oh also,

(https://41.media.tumblr.com/e1c1c7cbe0f ... 1_1280.png)

I updated that Naruto thing.

Postby DrawingGuy31 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:51 am

DrawingGuy31

Updated Naruto. HOORAY MY POST ARE BECOMING SOMWHAT FREQUENT!!! :D

Weird how I started this sketchbook when I was turning 17 and in a few weeks I'll be 18. Adulthood is scary but as long as I can draw I think I'll be ok :)

Postby NesoKaiyoH » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:48 pm

NesoKaiyoH

Whoah that Naruto painting is amazing! I love the colours in the face and the sense of depth. Great sketchbook!
20 - F - Student - Future concept artist and manga illustrator!

My Sketchbook: viewtopic.php?t=11533
My deviantART: http://nesokaiyoh.deviantart.com
My Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/digitalartistrachelwalpole
My ArtStation: http://www.artstation.com/artist/nesokaiyoh

Next

Return to Sketchbook