Start your own sketchbook thread! Finished works or works in progress, it doesn't matter, this is just for you to show the artwork you've been working on.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Sleepyly » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:46 pm

Sleepyly

Subject title: Camnel's Sketchbook

Your work is amazing dood!\(´• ω •`)/
BOOM! BOOM!

Postby piikeo » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:04 am

piikeo

really nice studies,, i also love how organised they all are!
sketchbook | tumblr | instagram 18/pink is my favourite colour

Postby Moe » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:52 am

Moe

Great job with that box rotation exercise. I could never pull off that exercise correctly. Btw, do you plan on returning to Robertson's book anytime soon?

Postby Camnel » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:34 am

Camnel

Sleepyly wrote:Your work is amazing dood!\(´• ω •`)/

piikeo wrote:really nice studies,, i also love how organised they all are!

Yeah im being kind of rigorous about it haha, should go wild sometimes :lol:

Moe wrote:Great job with that box rotation exercise. I could never pull off that exercise correctly. Btw, do you plan on returning to Robertson's book anytime soon?

That exercise is so cool! Lately I've been totally absorbed by anatomy, trying to mix up things with drawabox a little. But actually before going full on anatomy I was doing some lessons from erick olson from new masters academy, hardcore perspective stuff while going along with H2D book, got to page 80 or something. I'll start adding those back to the mix so expect some robertson stuff from me hopefully sooner than later. This is the last hard perspective drawing that I did, I'll leave it here as a checkpoint on my current level(was done like 2 months ago). Thanks for commenting man you're awesome!

Postby Camnel » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:15 pm

Camnel

Keeping up the anatomy practice, 2 min poses, some oblique action and random heads because I get bored.

Postby Camnel » Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:21 pm

Camnel

TRYING TO KEEP UP WITH EVERYONE!

Organic boxes, first page

Organic boxes, second page

125/250 box challenge

Finding the obliques on some figures

Obliques invention with the help of proko

page made of pure boredom

Postby Kam » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:38 pm

Kam

Solid studies, that 1PP room is really really good, how long did it take? I never had the patience to sit down and do something like that, I probably should for the sake of background skills eventually.

I kinda wanted to point out something about the organic boxes exercise, the further the boxes get, the less distorted they're going to look but you distorted the further ones just as much and some even more than the ones at front, this might sound like me being nitpicky but this is really important to keep in mind when you're actually applying this knowledge to something, you can easily see this for yourself without any guesswork by simply drawing a box in whatever perspective grid either really close or really far (preferably inside the COV) and multiply it back or front, it'll automatically foreshorten accurately and you'll see the front boxes look more distorted than the ones going back. To keep yourself out of trouble when you're working without reference try not to distort perspective too much unless you need it for some dramatic effect, imagine you're drawing on a fairly small crop of the entire grid, since you've worked with How to Draw you probably already know about the Brewer Grid so that level of distortion is usually what I use for freehand sketches, as for plotted... well I need to work on that more.

Postby Camnel » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:09 pm

Camnel

Kam wrote:Solid studies, that 1PP room is really really good, how long did it take? I never had the patience to sit down and do something like that, I probably should for the sake of background skills eventually.

I kinda wanted to point out something about the organic boxes exercise, the further the boxes get, the less distorted they're going to look but you distorted the further ones just as much and some even more than the ones at front, this might sound like me being nitpicky but this is really important to keep in mind when you're actually applying this knowledge to something, you can easily see this for yourself without any guesswork by simply drawing a box in whatever perspective grid either really close or really far (preferably inside the COV) and multiply it back or front, it'll automatically foreshorten accurately and you'll see the front boxes look more distorted than the ones going back. To keep yourself out of trouble when you're working without reference try not to distort perspective too much unless you need it for some dramatic effect, imagine you're drawing on a fairly small crop of the entire grid, since you've worked with How to Draw you probably already know about the Brewer Grid so that level of distortion is usually what I use for freehand sketches, as for plotted... well I need to work on that more.

Wow thanks for such detailed comment man! You're not being nitpicky dude, that's solid advice and I'll make sure to work on it, my freehand stuff needs tons of refinement, that's why I'm doing the drawabox stuff :lol: And actually I read about the brewer grid but never got to really apply and understand properly, so I will take a look at it again.

About my 1pp room, I did it to challenge myself because I got a ton of knowledge from tutorials and didn't apply much of it. That drawing took me around 5 days to complete, since I didn't have a fluid workflow and was figuring out some stuff on the go, also I did research for reference for some objects. I also did a top view and measured everything properly, a lot of time used but I think is totally worth it. Also the lineart took a lot of time too, I'll get quicker if do more I guess, but now I use most of my time to study anatomy.

Postby Ragamuffin » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:38 am

Ragamuffin

Really good job on the obliques studies!

Postby Steeliebob » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:41 am

Steeliebob

Very cool stuff. I appreciate all the cubes in here and the anatomy stuff is just looking amazing to me. =P

Postby Camnel » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:14 pm

Camnel

Steeliebob wrote:Very cool stuff. I appreciate all the cubes in here and the anatomy stuff is just looking amazing to me. =P

Cubes are awesome, they deserve all the love they can get, thanks!

Ragamuffin wrote:Really good job on the obliques studies!

Thanks dude! I'll try to keep the pace for the rest of the body!

Some 2 min poses and finished the 250 box challenge!! I tried to be less dramatic this time and not distort them too much

260/250 had to draw 10 extra boxes to fill the whole page :lol:

Postby Kaique » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:50 pm

Kaique

you're doing great man, keep it up !!!!

Postby Camnel » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:14 pm

Camnel

50/250 cilinders, any tip is welcomed, doing this freehand is hard AF, really needed to practice them though.

Getting familiar with shoulder muscles: supraspinatus, infraspinatus, teres minor, teres major and serratus anterior.

Postby Camnel » Tue Nov 15, 2016 10:10 pm

Camnel

100/250 cilinders

2 min poses

Shoulder Muscles, I know a big part of them get coverer by the deltoid and latissimus but haven't studied those, this will do until then.

Postby Camnel » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:29 pm

Camnel

2 min poses

Erector Spinae and latissimus studies

Figure studies with focus on the back muscles

Cylinder challenge 150/250

Cylinder challenge 200/250

Cylinder challenge 250/250

First page of organic arrows for draw a box

Postby Chromab » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:03 pm

Chromab

Great anatomy studies. That shaded one looks so real
-You are not a unicorn-
19 F illustrator wannabe (secretly concept art but that's kinda far)
my sketchbook: http://forum.sycra.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=25399

Postby Renderluz » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:46 am

Renderluz

Your studies are solid! I need to do some of them analytical anatomy ones my self.

Postby Wyntry » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:30 am

Wyntry

Wow.... Seeings all those forms and poses is a real inspiration and a wake up call. Thank you for that. :D
Loving it.
"Study hard and all things can be accomplished; give up and you will amount to nothing". -Yamaoka Tesshu
Sketchbook: http://sycra.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9424
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/artofwyntry/

Postby Camnel » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:17 pm

Camnel

Chromab wrote:Great anatomy studies. That shaded one looks so real

Thanks, I've been learning a lot recently, totally worth it ^^

Renderluz wrote:Your studies are solid! I need to do some of them analytical anatomy ones my self.

Do it bro, feel the need to know every inch of the body!

Wyntry wrote:Wow.... Seeings all those forms and poses is a real inspiration and a wake up call. Thank you for that. :D
Loving it.

Encouraging words man, thanks for your comment, keep the grind up!

Here are some trapezius and rhomboid studies, with these I'm done introducing myself to the back muscles, yeah! Also a lot of 2 min poses, feels like spam to upload so many at once lol :lol: I've been working on a character for the forum challenge, so I'm looking forward to that too C:

Postby Fantelle » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:20 pm

Fantelle

Woah, awesome studies! At this rate you'll improve in no time :D

Postby Camnel » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:30 pm

Camnel

Fantelle wrote:
    Woah, awesome studies! At this rate you'll improve in no time :D

Thanks ^^ Im already feeling some gains :D

Here's my character submission for the challenge, backstory on spoiler. Sorry if english is crappy xd Had a lot fun in the whole process!

Spoiler: show
An ancient tribe from the arctic is surrounded by exotic wildlife and several mineral resources, this tribe respects their surroundings and worships many gods related to nature. Each warrior of the tribe is devoted to a particular god, wearing tattoos showing their devotion as tradition. Kunwaktok was the champion of the tribe, devoted to the moon god, which is believed to live inside the moon and was said that moon cycles were a reflection of his mood.

A tragic day arribes, the worst of the auguries happens, a lunar eclipse that stains the moon red, the "Blood moon". Same night the tribe gets attacked by foreigners looking for resources by pillaging and murdering. The tribe defends itself with might, but outnumbered little of that matters. Kunwaktok knew that there wasn't a real chance to win the fight, then he remembered an old tale about the god he adored. This could only be achieved during a blood moon, by drinking the blood of one of his comrades, he would be able to borrow the power of the moon god. This was an unforgivable sin and the price to pay would be his own soul, he would be cursed forever.

He didn't care about that, if he could save the tribe it would be more than worth it. He silently backed to one of the dead bodies of his own and quickly drank his blood. He suddenly hears a whisper from the lunar deity: "It's not my power that you're borrowing, but the power of the dead", the expression of Kunwaktok changed drastically to a big sick smile. He went on a bloodthirsty frenzy, his eyes and tattoos turned red immediately, now he had the power of two and his killing instinct went on rampage. He fought brutally against the invaders, having a taste of each one's blood, increasing his power. When the battle was over only a few of the tribe remained alive, they didn't feel any relief though, they were scared of what they've seen. Kunwaktok looked at them and said: "We'll protect the land of the gods forever, as one"

Kunwaktok now is a legend, told to people to stay away from the extremely cold lands. It's said that he carries the skull of his lover and the one of his best friend to avoid feeling loneliness. He can't feel cold, carries a spear made of ice and only feeds of blood to maintain his power. His only mission is to protect the land and nature that his tribe once worshiped.

And here are the tattoos that I designed for him, one inspired by the moon cycles.

Postby Camnel » Tue May 23, 2017 7:02 pm

Camnel

Long time without a post, here is some stuff to start rolling again.

Postby geryes » Tue May 23, 2017 9:26 pm

geryes

Nice posts! I really like 2B and the figure drawing after her! they both came out really well :)
I too mainly draw girls.
Sketchbook
Deviantart

PreviousNext

Return to Sketchbook