Start your own sketchbook thread! Finished works or works in progress, it doesn't matter, this is just for you to show the artwork you've been working on.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Persephone_Black » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:49 pm

Persephone_Black

Subject title: Practice Sketchbook NSFW

Hello everyone! I'm new to this board, but I've been watching Sycra's videos for awhile. I started taking art seriously in 2019, and I hope to one day make a living doing art (either for a company or on my own). Any advice, tips, critiques are 100% welcome. I like those kinds of things, they help me improve. I've been drawing on and off for years so I'm thick skinned. haha.

Thanks for peeping my sketchbook <3 I have an instagram and a deviantart:

Deviantart: https://www.deviantart.com/subdivisionofchaos
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/persephone_black/

rsz_1dizzyprompt_final_bwv2.png
Dizzy Prompt
RedGraveSkeleton_Final_Oct12_2019.png
Graveyard
rsz_jokerfanart_complete2019v2.png
Joker Fanart
GhostPromptv5_JPG.png
Ghost Rough
rsz_plaguedoctorwaiting.png
Plague Doc
PortraitStudy_Feb7th_2019.png
Portrait Study

Postby supremeleaderbobo » Sat Dec 14, 2019 8:03 pm

supremeleaderbobo

interesting...

one thing i like quite a bit is that you are trying to create finished illustrations in each entry. not that you always have to do that, but i think you learn a lot regarding where you need to improve when you flesh and render out an illustration.

just a quick thing that caught my eye: i would recommend working with a nice, textured block brush. it really heightens your paintings, and makes them look less digital, that is, if you're going for a more realistic look.

also, your joker piece is a bit above the rest presumably because you're looking at a reference, which is good! reference, reference, and then reference some more.
hey man you like drawing wow crazy me too what are the odds wow small world wow

Postby Persephone_Black » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:27 pm

Persephone_Black

supremeleaderbobo wrote:interesting...

one thing i like quite a bit is that you are trying to create finished illustrations in each entry. not that you always have to do that, but i think you learn a lot regarding where you need to improve when you flesh and render out an illustration.

just a quick thing that caught my eye: i would recommend working with a nice, textured block brush. it really heightens your paintings, and makes them look less digital, that is, if you're going for a more realistic look.

also, your joker piece is a bit above the rest presumably because you're looking at a reference, which is good! reference, reference, and then reference some more.

Thank you for commenting on my sketchbook!

I'm hoping to do a lot more studies this coming year so I can improve. Especially when it comes to proportion, composition, anatomy, and color theory. I'll definitely look for a nice textured block brush. I think that is deff one big issue I struggle with. I overblend everything and make it super smooth. Which is sorta strange to the eye. I don't want full realism, I'm going for semi-realism/fantasy art. I want texture though, to elevate the pieces. I did look at reference for all of the pictures, but the Joker one I paid the most attention (because my friend and I were having a day of drawing, so we were focused for hours and hours on our references).

I'm deff going to post more unfinished studies. Thank you for taking the time to view my stuff and comment with useful advice for me. :)

Postby supremeleaderbobo » Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:11 am

supremeleaderbobo

oh yeah, no problem; i'm certainly no expert btw, but keep working!
hey man you like drawing wow crazy me too what are the odds wow small world wow

Return to Sketchbook