Page 1 of 29

L3V's Sketchbook

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:29 pm
by L3V
Sketchbook right from the beginning!

Hey there!

Short about me:
I have been drawing occasionally for my entire life, it wasn't even a hobby for me. I only drew when I absolutely had nothing to do, or if it was "drawing time!"
in school. Even though I enjoyed drawing.
Spoiler: show
When high school started, I stopped drawing and it wasn't until I got into second year of high school (May 2014) when I started to draw again!
And I was amazing at drawing!!!1!!
My classmates were like, WOW you are awesome at drawing!!!1!!1!1
Ehrm...
Yeah, I soon discovered that my drawings sucked and went on to watch Sycra's videos and felt even shittier and now I doubt myself every single time I think my art is good.

I wanted to post my work here for a while now but I was scared of you people, but I decided to post my sketchbook drawings/sketches here anyways.

Im going to post my first ever drawing here, my most recent one, and all of my future sketches!
If you want to see all my inbetween work before getting to where I am now (which is pretty much nowhere.) Visit my deviantart. yay.....

This is sketches I made way back in May.
Spoiler: show
IMG_2741(1).JPG
I made this back when I was an ultran00b

Why are my pictures sideways?

Drawing in August 6 2014.
Spoiler: show
Image


This was drawn recently. (Late 2014)
Spoiler: show
Iki.png
Most recent one. I kinda changed from a more anime style to this one.


Early 2015!
Image

Edit:
Since Sycra forum crashes whenever I upload a picture here I have an external link to my other work here.
Drawn around Fall 2014
http://i.imgur.com/nmhdkAS.jpg

Leviathan's Sketchbook

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:58 pm
by z4m97
i think you should correct the second girl's neck its a bit misplaced to the right, and her arms start a little bit too low, like if she has an unusually thick shoulder
the first row of faces kinda look a bit awkward in the eyes to my taste, but thats just my personal taste :D
loving the chibis tho x3

Leviathan's Sketchbook

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:09 am
by Nishrek
Second one is definitely better.
For somebody whose pics "suck" you have quite good sense of anatomy and proportion and spatial relations (texture on a shirt).
Keep it up

Leviathan's Sketchbook

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:47 am
by rockmor
Hey, welcome to the forums! It's good that you decided to start a sketchbook, everybody here is very nice :)
Your drawings are not bad. For now I'd say just keep drawing and posting stuff. Try doing 30-seconds gesture drawings, they are super helpful for learning human proportions and natural rhythm of body.

Leviathan's Sketchbook

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:51 pm
by L3V
z4m97 wrote:i think you should correct the second girl's neck its a bit misplaced to the right, and her arms start a little bit too low, like if she has an unusually thick shoulder
the first row of faces kinda look a bit awkward in the eyes to my taste, but thats just my personal taste :D
loving the chibis tho x3


Yeah the first row of faces was drawn back in May :mrgreen:
And thanks for the notice, I fixed the neck :D

Leviathan's Sketchbook

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:14 pm
by z4m97
L3V14TH4N wrote:
z4m97 wrote:i think you should correct the second girl's neck its a bit misplaced to the right, and her arms start a little bit too low, like if she has an unusually thick shoulder
the first row of faces kinda look a bit awkward in the eyes to my taste, but thats just my personal taste :D
loving the chibis tho x3


Yeah the first row of faces was drawn back in May :mrgreen:
And thanks for the notice, I fixed the neck :D

anyway for less than a year of drawing its going great :D

Leviathan's Sketchbook

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:30 pm
by L3V
rockmor wrote:Hey, welcome to the forums! It's good that you decided to start a sketchbook, everybody here is very nice :)
Your drawings are not bad. For now I'd say just keep drawing and posting stuff. Try doing 30-seconds gesture drawings, they are super helpful for learning human proportions and natural rhythm of body.


Yes, I have been doing gestures aswell, although they are not looking great, but I guess we all have to start from somewhere.

Leviathan's Sketchbook

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:33 pm
by L3V
Nishrek wrote:Second one is definitely better.
For somebody whose pics "suck" you have quite good sense of anatomy and proportion and spatial relations (texture on a shirt).
Keep it up


I don't think they "suck" I just suck compared to sycra. Im sorry, I felt really arrogant writing that. It probably felt like I was fishing for compliments :|
To me, seeing my own journey and others makes pursuing art really worth it.

Leviathan's Sketchbook

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:39 pm
by L3V
Did a Korra season 4 sketch

I realized I shaded her hair too loose, Supposed to be closer to black rather then white. Im sorry :cry: I did fix the mistake but im too lazy to take a new picture. So imagine her having dark hair here okay ( •A•)


EDIT: This was a request from a dude in deviantart, he wanted a character with a boxing outfit.
And can someone please explain why the picture of her is sideways on my computer screen but not in my cellphone? Or is it only for me?
EDIT: oh my god I can see so many mistakes in this picture now....

Leviathan's Sketchbook

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:52 pm
by z4m97
it looks great, though i recommend to care about proportions, her arm (the one with the gloves) is kinda small and low compared to the other one
about the photos, try turning your phone 90 degrees...

Leviathan's Sketchbook

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:00 pm
by L3V
z4m97 wrote:it looks great, though i recommend to care about proportions, her arm (the one with the gloves) is kinda small and low compared to the other one
about the photos, try turning your phone 90 degrees...

I meant that the pictures are all straight up on my cell phone and my computer, but as soon as I upload it to this website It turns 90 degrees to the left.
I can take the same picture and upload it to deviantart and it will be straight up. So odd.

And thank you for the feedback :) I will see what I can do to fix it! I really need more training on certain parts I suppose :P

Leviathan's Sketchbook

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:04 pm
by z4m97
try uploading them on postimage.org, all my images are the way they should be o.O

Leviathan's Sketchbook

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:08 pm
by L3V
z4m97 wrote:try uploading them on postimage.org, all my images are the way they should be o.O


Fixed it by converting the file to .png on photoshop :P
apparently .jpg isnt good in this site.

Leviathan's Sketchbook

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:18 pm
by L3V
Studies and doodles I made earlier this week

Sycra forum site keeps crashing, so I had to use imgur.

Doodles/Mouth studies
Image

Noses study
Image

Leviathan's Sketchbook

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:34 am
by L3V
Some figure drawings!
Still no scanner sorry :(

Did each in a minute or two. (the ones on the left sucks, I know :( )
http://imgur.com/eEfgszj

Leviathan's Sketchbook

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:25 am
by z4m97
thyre goin nicely, but try to focus a bit more on gesture and mannequinization than in details :D

Leviathan's Sketchbook

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:37 am
by L3V
z4m97 wrote:thyre goin nicely, but try to focus a bit more on gesture and mannequinization than in details :D


Yeah :P I have some difficulties drawing mannequinns when I draw people with weird clothes D:
And I couldnt draw nude models because children were around me XD

Leviathan's Sketchbook

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:25 am
by Nishrek
L3V14TH4N wrote:And I couldnt draw nude models because children were around me XD

Check http://www.posemaniacs.com/. You should be able to use it even when children are around

Leviathan's Sketchbook

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:29 am
by z4m97
L3V14TH4N wrote:
z4m97 wrote:thyre goin nicely, but try to focus a bit more on gesture and mannequinization than in details :D


Yeah :P I have some difficulties drawing mannequinns when I draw people with weird clothes D:
And I couldnt draw nude models because children were around me XD

i started to paint nudes when i was 13 xD but my parents didnt noticed until i was 17 xP

Leviathan's Sketchbook

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:03 pm
by L3V
Nishrek wrote:
L3V14TH4N wrote:And I couldnt draw nude models because children were around me XD

Check http://www.posemaniacs.com/. You should be able to use it even when children are around

Wow Thanks alot! Didn't know about this site :O

Leviathan's Sketchbook

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:22 pm
by L3V
Decided to start updating my sketchbook again! going to post study stuff and some Deviantart stuff aswell :)

I have recently "challenged" myself to draw at least one fan art piece per week and post it on deviantart. Here is one from week 4.
Pino from Ergo Proxy
Image


Alexis before critiques
Spoiler: show
Image

After crits
Image

Leviathan's Sketchbook

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:36 pm
by z4m97
crits really worked i must say, yet the eyes are a bit flat, try to think of them as real eyes instead of anime eyes :D

Leviathan's Sketchbook

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:49 pm
by L3V
z4m97 wrote:crits really worked i must say, yet the eyes are a bit flat, try to think of them as real eyes instead of anime eyes :D


Yeah I know that D: But I didn't want to turd-polish too much so I just took a mental note :P

Leviathan's Sketchbook

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:01 am
by L3V
Image
Mech girl for the weekly contest!

No name for her, plez Giv naem!!

Leviathan's Sketchbook

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:00 am
by isamuffin
Aiko !
Does it fit ? XDD

Great pic. I like your chibis too <3