Start your own sketchbook thread! Finished works or works in progress, it doesn't matter, this is just for you to show the artwork you've been working on.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby insa » Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:38 pm

insa

Subject title: Draw from imagination start at level 0

hello ^.^ i want to draw people without reference. i am starting at level 0. it is very bad as you see.
maybe you can tell me what exactly to practice. i will do it and show you the next drawings. :3
i hope that i can reach level 100 soon with your help.
what do you think of my first picturs? owo

1.jpg

Postby Gevoian » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:38 am

Gevoian

You have a good start on trying to use a mannequin ish approach, you could start doing gesture drawings which u would need reference for because it while u have a good start, the gesture is lacking so it makes it look a bit stiff, and I’m not sure if this is a work in progress or the finished result but the proportions could be better on a lot of these and for the anatomy I’m not sure how u would draw that or learn it without reference at this level. Just keep on drawing , try to study a little gesture, a lot of anatomy, practice proportions by using YouTube tutorial or some art book, and use reference in beginning. Also are these your first ever drawings? I don’t want to discourage but it’s going to take some time when u just starting so just try to enjoy the journey and process.

Return to Sketchbook