Start your own sketchbook thread! Finished works or works in progress, it doesn't matter, this is just for you to show the artwork you've been working on.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby Impishly » Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:04 pm

Impishly

Subject title: Impish sketchbook, no time like the present, huh

Hello, and hello again. I, as you probably have guessed, am new here and am fairly new to the whole art-stuff in general.
I have been debating myself if I should register and start a sketchbook, since I don't think my works are post-worthy most of the time, but I also have been struggling a lot without any art-friends to talk to, so what the hell, I'll let you dig through my junk if you want to.

So, to start I just going to post my most recent sketches, without any real theme. Not so much studies as much just thing I've been drawing for one reason or the other. At least for now, because I am not going to wait a good opportunity to post for another who-knows-how-long.

So yeah, welcome to my dump.

Here where I'm pretty much at, from older to newer, and only stuff that I've posted at some other places.

Spoiler: show

And this is my way to spend commute to work and back home - finger-sketching on my asus phone-pad

Postby Impishly » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:49 am

Impishly

Still doing finger-drawing while commuting.

So things I realised - I do too much scratching while drawing so I decided to draw "cleaner" every time I draw, no matter what tools I use (oh I can't wait to try and do "cleaner" job with a charcoal). Still quite a bit of scratching but hey, one step at the time.
Oh, that and why the hell I don't draw legs?

Postby Cheecken » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:28 pm

Cheecken

Hey Impishly, cool sketches! Can't wait to see more. :)
Add me on Steam you little gardening tool, or female dog
http://steamcommunity.com/id/chaycken/

Postby Impishly » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:31 pm

Impishly

Cheecken wrote:Hey Impishly, cool sketches! Can't wait to see more. :)

Aww, thank you!
I think I shouldn't post older images any more and only post things I draw right now, to, hopefully, see some progress.

Postby DRaff210 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:43 pm

DRaff210

Welcome to the forum, and your characters are awesome! I can also see how much of an improvement your "cleaner" sketching style has over the scratchier method. I've found that forcing myself to use cleaner lines has also helped things like drawing confidence and taking form into more careful consideration. Hope you stick around! :)

Postby Impishly » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:02 am

Impishly

DRaff210 wrote:Welcome to the forum, and your characters are awesome! I can also see how much of an improvement your "cleaner" sketching style has over the scratchier method. I've found that forcing myself to use cleaner lines has also helped things like drawing confidence and taking form into more careful consideration. Hope you stick around! :)

Thank you, I try now to draw more with less lines, I fail miserably, but I do try (=

Here, I did another finger-drawing.
Boobs are hard, boobs with any force applied to them are even harder. I tried to do boobs held by bandages but failed, so I cut my losses by keeping the more round shape and pretending I meant it to be like that.

My faces are all look alike and are way too expressionless to my liking. I should draw more faces.

Postby Cheecken » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:53 pm

Cheecken

What helped me alot was just playing around with the proportions, or moving the parts of the face around.

As for expressions, I practice them sometimes with some character I drew. I pick one character and draw various expressions with that character and see if I like the results.

Hope I could help a little bit P:

Postby Impishly » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:10 pm

Impishly

I probably should make a character to practice on then (=
Because for all the characters I draw I don't have any. They're all just lifeless figures.

Postby Grass » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:12 pm

Grass

You got some awesome stuff here man! Really like that kunoichi! I like swords especially katanas. :D Keep it up!

Postby Koźlik » Sat Feb 25, 2017 12:58 am

Koźlik

You have very nice sketchbook here :)
I like your characters a lot! Especially their gestures and poses.
I'm looking forward to see next updates ^^
I like to draw girls. If you like girls too, you should check my Sketchbook ^^
There's stuff on my Twitter and Instagram too.
I do streams sometimes, mostly weekends on my Picarto channel.

Postby Impishly » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:50 am

Impishly

So, to achieve at least some levels of Koźlikness I decided to start a new sketchbook, just to put more quick practice while I commute to work, instead of spending time polishing turds on my phone-pad. I am going to do more sketches from memory. I have a long road ahead of me.

To start, here's some more of my finger-skethces

And here's the start of my new sketchbook, a bunch of shitty photos, suits it just right.

I gotta admit, I am very uncomfortable posting this, or anything I draw, actually. I always feel lazy and unskilled compared to people here. Although you lot are an inspiration to keep on going no matter what I can't shake the feeling of "oh shit, people gonna see these!"

Postby Cheecken » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:04 am

Cheecken

Impishly wrote:I gotta admit, I am very uncomfortable posting this, or anything I draw, actually. I always feel lazy and unskilled compared to people here. Although you lot are an inspiration to keep on going no matter what I can't shake the feeling of "oh shit, people gonna see these!"

Being uncomfortable to post drawings is a problem that I and some friends of mine also have and it is really understandable. A sketchbook in the end is a very personal thing, I guess kind of like a diary. I guess when I think about it, I kind of fear that people will not like my work or not understand it, but every creator of something is liked and also disliked by people. I think that if you just keep posting stuff, you will feel more confident over time to share your works.

Also, the first pages in your sketchbook are a good start!

Postby Impishly » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:12 am

Impishly

Cheecken wrote:
Impishly wrote:I gotta admit, I am very uncomfortable posting this, or anything I draw, actually. I always feel lazy and unskilled compared to people here. Although you lot are an inspiration to keep on going no matter what I can't shake the feeling of "oh shit, people gonna see these!"

Being uncomfortable to post drawings is a problem that I and some friends of mine also have and it is really understandable. A sketchbook in the end is a very personal thing, I guess kind of like a diary. I guess when I think about it, I kind of fear that people will not like my work or not understand it, but every creator of something is liked and also disliked by people. I think that if you just keep posting stuff, you will feel more confident over time to share your works.

Thank you.
But the thing that scares me the most is that people will see how lazy I am. Because I can bullshit my way posting semi-presentable stuff, but a sketchbook? It's a raw representation of your work, not even art necessary, but actual work, time, thought and or feeling you put into your skill, and my efforts are lacking.
And that's why I post this, because I want you to sneer at it, I want to get pissed enough to push through my laziness.

Postby Impishly » Thu Jan 16, 2020 11:26 am

Impishly

It's been a while. I guess this is where I am at right now. I have to practice more.

Postby fi_le » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:53 am

fi_le

Second to last is iconic, really polished!
...you see, it's supposed to be fi_le like the file from the computer... the one where you put the data things in.

my sketchbook on here and my Instagram

Postby bonermonkeymilk » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:45 pm

bonermonkeymilk

Impishly wrote:
Cheecken wrote:

Thank you.
But the thing that scares me the most is that people will see how lazy I am. Because I can bullshit my way posting semi-presentable stuff, but a sketchbook? It's a raw representation of your work, not even art necessary, but actual work, time, thought and or feeling you put into your skill, and my efforts are lacking.
And that's why I post this, because I want you to sneer at it, I want to get pissed enough to push through my laziness.

I feel this deep. I hate my own work and i hate posting it anywhere unless i'm somewhat satisfied with the result. But i have to get over it somehow right?

Return to Sketchbook