Start your own sketchbook thread! Finished works or works in progress, it doesn't matter, this is just for you to show the artwork you've been working on.

Moderators: Ambiguity, SeaQuenchal, Waveloop, imcostalong, virtueone

Postby KrissyLeeArt » Wed May 22, 2019 6:25 pm

KrissyLeeArt

Subject title: KrissyLeeArt's Sketchbook (NSFW)

Hi! My name is Krissy, and this would be my very first post on the forum. My art friend, Agitato, spoke about making a forum here to improve art, engage in small community, and work up practices of all sorts. I'm already proud of him stepping out of the shadows and pushing himself out. (Here's a link to his sketchbook(NSFW): viewtopic.php?f=3&t=117467)

Now, I am a hyper creative goof. I am dreaming to create my own comic one day. However, my skill set hasn't reach what I'm going for.

Below, is a bunch of sketches, WIP, ideas, concept art I done this month! (You can find more on my twitter: https://twitter.com/KrissyLeeArt) All created with Krita that I'm still getting adjusted to using. If you like one of the pieces and think I should work on it more, just tell me! Comments, critiques, suggestions and any other feedback are welcome and appreciated! (Edit: I placed all below in a spoiler format since they are coded to be rather large.)
Spoiler: show
Starting with a random apple theme, no idea why I done it, it just happened....

Image Image

And then random fox lady

And this screenshot WIP of another lady

And lastly, a screenshot of my progress of two characters for my comic

As seen, nothing is finished as for now and there's mistakes in some that I hadn't fixed. I hope to update on a few pieces soon! Posting a finished one shall be one of my goals!

Postby KrissyLeeArt » Fri May 24, 2019 5:34 pm

KrissyLeeArt

Yesterday, I have created this sketchbook page! I chose not to use a reference on this page to see what my brain can make and some silly fun.

Spoiler: show
Last edited by KrissyLeeArt on Fri May 31, 2019 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby fi_le » Sat May 25, 2019 12:34 pm

fi_le

Hi Krissy, welcome to the forum!

I might be the only one, but I can't see the images in your sketchbook. How are you posting them here?
...you see, it's supposed to be fi_le like the file from the computer... the one where you put the data things in.

my sketchbook on here and my Instagram

Postby KrissyLeeArt » Sat May 25, 2019 5:14 pm

KrissyLeeArt

fi_le wrote:Hi Krissy, welcome to the forum!

I might be the only one, but I can't see the images in your sketchbook. How are you posting them here?

Hey there! My art friend had the same problem. I have used coding to pull images off my Twitter. My friend solved this issue by disconnecting some web browsers extensions. (My browser does not have any extensions)

Be sure that the BBCode for img is on, that could be the issue as well.

I may edit/recode my post later to ensure that everyone can view the art.

Postby jobenjo » Sat May 25, 2019 9:00 pm

jobenjo

Hey! Welcome to the forums. You have a nice eye for color, I enjoy your color choices. I wish you good luck on getting the skills needed to make a comic book!
Hope you're having fun drawing, or whatever it is ya do!
My Sketchbook is here: viewtopic.php?t=79758

Postby KrissyLeeArt » Sat May 25, 2019 9:33 pm

KrissyLeeArt

jobenjo wrote:Hey! Welcome to the forums. You have a nice eye for color, I enjoy your color choices. I wish you good luck on getting the skills needed to make a comic book!

Coloring is my favorite thing to do! And thank-you so much!

Postby KrissyLeeArt » Sat Jun 01, 2019 3:44 am

KrissyLeeArt

Hey guys! I been more focused on creating my own comic. (Mostly writing, ew) Below, I made some thumbnails.

The comic is roughly about an astronaut, Aurora, who gets trapped inside a space storm and warps to another planet.

I also included some sketches of Aurora.
Comic Thumbnail [Concept - Jelee City].jpg
Brief Idea of a city floating on water, in the center is enormous space station
Comic Thumbnail [ Page 00001].jpg
Page 1 - Showing Planet Jelee, then to Aurora walking along a sidewalk
Comic Thumbnail [ Page 00001] v2.jpg
Page 1 V2 - Displays more of Planet Jelee and the city
Comic Thumbnail [ Page 00002].jpg
Page 2 or 3 - Aurora walking around, her eyes catch a keychain shop
Image 047.png
Quick concept idea for Aurora
Image 048.png
Unfinished painting of Aurora