This is where you can find, or volunteer to be, an art mentor, trainer, or mutual study buddy to help you push your art to the next level!

Postby iSoFly » Wed May 31, 2017 7:40 pm

iSoFly

Subject title: Looking For Mentor/ Study Buddies

Hey everybody, I'm new here. I was really nervous about this, but I decided to bite the bullet and dive in anyway. I was wondering if anyone wanted to be study buddies or if anyone is willing to mentor? I'm willing to share a bunch of art resources (books, resources) that I've found that I hope can help my buddy/ mentor out as well.

I'm 22 and I'd prefer if my buddy was around the same age, but it's okay if you don't fit the bill exactly as long as you're willing to put in the work along with me and willing to help figure stuff out. I don't care much about skill level either, it's more about the mindset to keep moving forward no matter what.

I hope that I can help as much back in anyway possible even if its small. ^^ Cheers everybody.

Postby astrokeofmadness » Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:36 am

astrokeofmadness

While I'm personally probably too lazy to do this, it would be a good idea to include your art, or what type of art you want to work on. I know I'd not have much interest working with someone that draws exclusively animals for example, as that's not something I draw. Also in most cases people like to work with people around their skill level, especially if its just art buddies and not a mentor.

Postby BestDrawerNA » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:30 am

BestDrawerNA

me too guy, please include me too. i like to draw cool stuff.

Postby iSoFly » Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:51 am

iSoFly

Oh whoops! Here's some stuff I do. I hope it shows. I'm still filling my deviantart with stuff since I started fiddling with digital recently. Most of my stuff is traditional unfortunately and a pain to scan/ touch up.
http://idocommissionfou.deviantart.com

And hi hi BestDrawer Na :) Any stuff in particular that you like to draw?

Postby BestDrawerNA » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:46 pm

BestDrawerNA

iSoFly wrote:Oh whoops! Here's some stuff I do. I hope it shows. I'm still filling my deviantart with stuff since I started fiddling with digital recently. Most of my stuff is traditional unfortunately and a pain to scan/ touch up.
http://idocommissionfou.deviantart.com

And hi hi BestDrawer Na :) Any stuff in particular that you like to draw?

i like to draw anime mostly. but i dont mind learning other things. i wanna be the jack of all trades, the joker, the trump card, if u will. so any helping is helping to me.

Postby iSoFly » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:38 pm

iSoFly

Anime is cool, though I can't say I watch too much lately these days. But I still like Miyazaki stuff. ^^ I'm hoping to learn character/ creature/ and environment design so all the resources I have are geared towards that. Unfortunately I don't have much anime-specific stuff (it's more based on life), but I'm you can still use it to help your drawings, Best Drawer NA. How far along are you in drawing already?

Btw, do you always want me to contact you here or do you have another preference?

Postby BestDrawerNA » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:13 am

BestDrawerNA

iSoFly wrote:Anime is cool, though I can't say I watch too much lately these days. But I still like Miyazaki stuff. ^^ I'm hoping to learn character/ creature/ and environment design so all the resources I have are geared towards that. Unfortunately I don't have much anime-specific stuff (it's more based on life), but I'm you can still use it to help your drawings, Best Drawer NA. How far along are you in drawing already?

Btw, do you always want me to contact you here or do you have another preference?

i have it all man what do u wanna use?

Postby iSoFly » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:25 am

iSoFly

We can PM. But I'd need to share my resource folder via email if you're cool with that. ^^

Return to Mentorship, Art Trainers, and Study Buddies